The patio has quickly become a favourite feature among US homes. In fact, according to data from a 2017 survey, more than half of all US homes have a patio.
Patio Designing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Whether you find yourself daydreaming of a peaceful backyard escape or an urban oasis, designing a patio can be a fun and rewarding experience. But it is all too easy to make patio designing mistakes.
If you have some of your sights set on a new patio, review our guide for some patio designing mistakes, and how to avoid them.
1.Patio Designing Mistakes Start at the Budget
- Rule number one in designing a patio is starting with the budget.
- A budget for a patio will guide what kind of patio design ideas you can actually implement. No one want’s to be stuck with an overwhelming bill because your patio dreams got out of hand.
- Establish a realistic budget based on your finances. Once you have a number in mind, then you can take a look at different patio designs and start coming up with some concepts.
- Having a budget in place will also help prevent you from falling in love with materials or a design that are too expensive for your circumstances.
2.Too Much Furniture
- You have more than likely seen common patio accessories- rattan chairs, cushioned loungers, oversized umbrellas. Having enough furniture is crucial in making sure your patio is a perfect entertainment space.
- But it is possible to have too much furniture. Don’t plan to overcrowd your space. Keep things simple and sleek.
- A patio isn’t just about furniture. It’s a great space for lighting, fire pits, and plenty of plants.
- Leaving your great new space too bare won’t make it into the cosy, beautiful patio you’re after. Add some plants and simple accessories to make the space more enjoyable and feel more welcoming.
- At the same time, it’s possible to overcrowd your patio. One of the top patio designing mistakes is piling too much stuff into your space. Start simple, and add as you go. A nice collection of a few plants and a fire pit for a chilly evening will be great for entertaining and creating a serene space.
5.Remember It’s an Outdoor Space
- You wouldn’t add a set of outdoor furniture to your living room. So don’t do the opposite!
- There are a few reasons to make sure you aren’t dragging your living room couch out onto the patio.
- One is the weather. Patio furniture is specially designed to withstand weather and the elements.
- Another reason is that inside furniture just looks out of place on a patio. Your plush couch may feel great indoors, but it won’t tie your patio together.
Your Patio Dream Is Within Reach | Patio Designing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
If you’re ready to create the perfect patio space, make sure you avoid these patio designing mistakes. A patio installation service is a great, expert resource to help turn your dream into reality. If you’re ready to explore patio options, learn more about the process.