Facts of Andy Ruiz
|Full Name:||Andy Ruiz|
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
Andy Ruiz is a professional boxer who holds dual nationality in the United States and Mexico. Andy Ruiz is a former unified heavyweight champion who beat Anthony Joshua to win the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles in 2019.
How old is Andy Ruiz?
Andy’s full name is Andrés Ponce Ruiz Jr. He was born on September 11, 1989, in Imperial, California, United States. According to Ruiz, he is of both American and Mexican nationality. Similarly, Andy Ruiz’s age must be thirty-one years old as of now, and his horoscope is Virgo. He has even stated that “America is one of the greatest countries in the world.” I identify as both an American and a Mexican. I live here. And it hurts me to hear how many people talk about Mexicans when I know we’re all about hard work and dedication.”
In fact, his parents have relocated from Mexico to the United States. Andy’s father, Andy Ruiz, is a former construction worker who runs his own house flipping business. Ruiz Jr. also has three sisters, but no information is available about them or his mother. Before his father took him to the boxing ring, he was interested in baseball. Ruiz told me that his first fight was when he was 7 years old in San Diego. After a while, Andy began working for his father in construction before deciding to pursue boxing full-time.
Ruiz began his amateur career only in Mexico. Furthermore, Andy’s grandfather owned a boxing gym in Mexicali that was frequented by featherweight champion Jorge Páez. Andy also kept his nickname “Destroyer” because as a child, “I was always destroying stuff.” Andy Ruiz graduated from Imperial High School in the year 2007. Andy Ruiz is fluent in both English and Spanish.
How much does Andy Ruiz earn?
The professional boxer has a net worth of $15 million, which he has amassed through his boxing career. Andy Ruiz won the game against Anthony Joshua for $6.774 million. Similarly, Andy won $482 thousand when he competed against Devin Vargas. After defeating Joseph Parker in a fight, the boxer received an additional $973,000 in prize money. Furthermore, Andy Ruiz used to have a respectable net worth of $973 thousand. Currently, the boxer is earning more and is very satisfied with his earnings. Andy and his family live a luxurious and peaceful life.
Is Andy Ruiz married?
Andy Ruiz is a happily married man who is married to his long-term girlfriend, Julie Ruiz. However, there is little information about his relationships and marital life. But Andy Ruiz and his wife have five kids. His older daughter’s name is Bella Ruiz, his older son’s name is Andy Ruiz III, his younger son’s name is Richie Ruiz, and his youngest child’s name is Beverly Ruiz. There is no information about the family’s separation, so it appears that they are having a good time with each other. However, there were once some rumors about Andy’s sexuality. Andy was revealed to be gay despite the fact that he is married. Andy has also yet to dispel the rumor.
How tall is Andy Ruiz?
Andy Ruiz stands at 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm) in height. Similarly, Andy weighs around 119 kg or 262 lbs. Andy Ruiz is obviously concerned about his health and body as a boxer. Andy works out every day and eats a healthy diet. Aside from that, there is no information about the boxer’s body measurements, shoe size, or biceps size. However, it is known that the boxer has a fair complexion, very short black hair, and dark brown eyes. In addition, the boxer enjoys tattoos and has several tattoos on his body.
Career line of Andy Ruiz
- Andy Ruiz began his career as a boxer under Fernando Ferrer Trainer. Freddie Roach was with Andy at the Wild Card Gym. Andrei Arlovski, the former UFC heavyweight champion, was also present with Ruiz.
- Previously, the boxer fought mostly against journeymen, but he knocked out two amateur stars, US amateur champion Jonte Willis in 2006 and Golden Gloves champion Tor Hamer in 2008. Andy Ruiz rose to prominence in 2008 after representing Mexico at the Olympic Games in Beijing.
- The boxer turned professional at the age of nineteen. Andy Ruiz made his debut as a boxer in March 2009 at Tijuana’s Plaza De Toros. During his amateur career, he boxed to a 105–5 record under Cuban trainer Fernando Ferrer.
- Andy has 105 victories to his name, as well as two gold medals from the Mexican National Junior Olympics and a spot in the Ringside World Championships. After representing Mexico in two Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008, he was unable to defeat eventual Olympian Robert Alfonso of Cuba. Also in the Oscar Rivas of Colombia in the first and second qualifiers.
- As a result, the boxer struggled for many years to become a professional and successful boxer. On March 10, 2018, in California, he rebounds with a first-round knockout of Devin Vargas.
- Then, in December 2018, he competed for the WBO Heavyweight Title. Andy Ruiz rose to prominence again in 2019 after defeating Anthony Joshua in a knockout for the same title.
- Andy Ruiz has been ranked as the world’s fourth best active heavyweight by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, sixth by BoxRec, and seventh by The Ring magazine as of May 2020.