Facts of Emmy Rossum
|Full Name:||Emmy Rossum|
|Birthplace:||Sunset Park, Brooklyn, New York|
|Net Worth:||$12 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Profession:||Actress, Singer-songwriter, Advocate, Director|
|Education:||Stanford University’s Education Program for Gifted Youth (high school online extension courses)|
Emmy Rossum is a well-known American actress, singer, songwriter, and advocate. Emmy Rossum rose to prominence in films and television shows such as Shameless, Mystic River, The Day After Tomorrow, and The Phantom of the Opera, among many others.
How old is Emmy Rossum?
Emmy Rossum was born on September 12, 1986, and she is currently 34 years old. Emmy is a Virgo born in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Similarly, her full name is Emmanuelle Grey Rossum. Emmy’s mother is Cheryl Rossum, a corporate photographer. Emmy’s parents divorced while Cheryl was pregnant with Emmy. Emmy met her father twice as of 2007. Emmy was raised by a single mother after her parents divorced.
Furthermore, Emmy’s mother is Jewish, whereas her father is Protestant. Her mother is of Russian and Jewish descent, and her father is of English and Dutch ancestry. Emmy identifies as Jewish when it comes to religion.
Furthermore, Emmy was named after her great-grandfather. His first name was Emanuel, and Emmy’s first name is also Emanuel, but spelled differently. Emmy Wang is Vera Wang’s niece. Emmy’s cousin, Arthur P. Becker, had married Vera Wang. Emmy’s cousin is a real-estate developer and investor.
How much is Emmy Rossum’s Net Worth?
Emmy Rossum’s net worth is estimated to be around $12 million US dollars.
Who is Emmy Rossum married to?
Emmy Rossum was married to Justin Siegel. The couple married on February 17, 2008. However, on September 25, 2009, Justin filed for divorce. Their divorce was finalized on December 28, 2010. Later that month, in August 2015, the actress married Sam Esmail. Sam is a writer/director, and the two had been dating for two years. Emmy and Sam were married on May 28, 2017. They married at a Reform synagogue in New York City.
How tall is Emmy Rossum?
Emmy Rossum stands approximately 5 feet 8 inches or 1.73 meters tall and weighs approximately 121 pounds or 55 kilograms. Similarly, the actress has a chest-waist-hip measurement of 32-23.5-34 inches. Emmy also has dark brown eyes and hair of the same color.
Career line of Emmy Rossum
- After singing Happy Birthday in all 12 keys, chorus director Elena Doria invited Emmy Rossum to join the Metropolitan Opera Children’s Chorus at the age of 7 years. Emmy sang onstage with the chorus for the next five years. She also had the opportunity to perform with singers such as Plácido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti.
- Emmy also sang in six languages in 20 operas for anywhere from $5 to $10 a night. Turandot, La bohème, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and a Carnegie Hall performance of La damnation de Faust were among the popular operas she performed.
- Furthermore, in Carmen, she collaborated with director Franco Zeffirelli. Emmy later studied acting with Flo Salant Greenberg of The New Actors Workshop. She has also worked with acting coach Terry Knickerbocker.
- Emmy went to the Spence School for her education. It is a private school in Manhattan. She did, however, drop out of school to concentrate on her career. Emmy later completed her high school diploma at the age of 15 through online extension courses. These classes were provided by Stanford University’s Education Program for Gifted Youth.
- Emmy Rossum is a well-known actress, singer, and songwriter on a professional level. The actress rose to prominence as Fiona Gallagher in the TV series Shameless. She rose to prominence as an actress after starring in Mystic River in 2003.
- Emmy has appeared in 19 films and 14 TV shows while writing this biography. She most recently portrayed Angelyne in the TV series of the same name. Emmy also served as executive producer on this project.
- Similarly, Emmy has appeared in The Day After Tomorrow and as Christine Daaé in The Phantom of the Opera. Inside Out, Emmy’s debut album, was released in 2007. The following year, she released Carol of the Bells, a Christmas EP. Sentimental Journey, Emmy’s follow-up album, was released later in 2013.
- Emmy Rossum is a charity worker and advocate in addition to being an actress and singer. She was a YouthAIDS Ambassador. Then, in 2008, Emmy became the Pinkitude spokesperson.
- It is a clothing line based on the Pink Panther character that helps raise breast cancer awareness. Emmy attended a march in West Hollywood, California, a year later on May 26, 2009. This was the march to protest the California Supreme Court’s decision to uphold Proposition 8.
- Furthermore, Emmy appeared in public service announcements for the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) Action Fund in 2010. The actress also works with Global Green USA to raise funds for environmental protection and raise awareness of environmental issues.
- In 2015, the actress worked with the Best Friends Animal Society to encourage people to adopt animals.