Facts of German Garmendia
|Full Name:||German Garmendia|
|Girlfriend:||Lenay Chantelle Olsen|
|Net Worth:||$9 Million|
|Profession:||Youtuber, Musician, Singer, Comedian, Writer|
|Sibling:||One brother (Diego Garmendia)|
|Father:||Germán Luis Garmendia Macías|
|Mother:||Cecilia del Carmen Aranis Mancilla|
German Garmendia is the creator of the wildly popular YouTube channel “HolaSoyGerman.” German Garmendia posts videos of his daily life in the most exaggerated and humorous way possible. Similarly, he owns three YouTube channels but only uses one of them. He has also dubbed the character of Julian for the Latin American dub of “Ice Age: Collision Course.”
How old is German Garmendia?
German Garmendia was born on April 25, 1990 in Copiapo, Chile. His full name is German Alejandro Garmendia Aranis. He is 30 years old and born under the sign of Taurus. He is a Chilean nationality.
German’s mother’s name is Cecilia del Carmen Aranis Mancilla, and his father’s name is Germán Luis Garmendia Macas. Likewise, he has an older brother named Diego Garmendia. Unfortunately, he lost his father in a car accident on Christmas Day when he was only three years old. And his mother had to work in various places to support the family. As a result, they moved frequently during his childhood. They eventually settled in the coastal town of Los Vilos. It was where he spent most of his youth.
In terms of his educational background and qualifications, he attended the El Chanar Basic School. Later, in 2004, he graduated from Escuela Técnico Profesional (ETP). He moved to Los Angeles, California, at the age of 23, to pursue a career in acting after admiring actors Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler.
Girlfriend of German Garmendia
German is currently dating former MTV VJ Lenay Chantelle Olsen. She was formerly known as Lenay Dunn, and she also has her own YouTube channel, “Lele.” Both of them made their relationship public to their fans in a YouTube video titled “Mi Novia” (Spanish for “My Girlfriend”), which was posted on the “JuegaGerman” channel. Similarly, in July 2017, the couple relocated to Los Angeles.
They both post a lot of cute and adorable pictures on their respective social media accounts. They are also well-liked by their followers. Furthermore, both of them have two cats named Lucy and Copito. They also have an unnamed ferret and previously had a Chihuahua dog named Mimi.
Career line of German Garmendia
- German Garmendia has always enjoyed making people laugh since he was a child. And his true love was music. He used to play various instruments and even formed the band “Zudex” with his older brother when he was 13 years old.
- After graduating, he began making music with his brother and friends. In August 2006, they began posting their music on the YouTube channel “Zudex.”
- On a boring day, German made a funny video for his friends called “Obvious Things Of Life.” On September 9, 2011, he uploaded it to his YouTube channel “HolaSoyGerman” after being encouraged by a friend. The video was then shared by his friends with their friends. In a short period of time, the video became extremely popular on the internet. Similarly, in less than seven years, he gained 31 million subscribers to his main channel and 17 million more to his secondary channel.
- Following his success as a YouTuber, German became very involved in creating content for his channel. Then he began to lose interest in writing music for his band “Zudex” (later “Feeling Every Sunset”). However, he eventually returned to music. After two former members of the band “Zudex” left, they re-launched their band as “Ancud.”
- German Garmendia draws inspiration for his videos from various situations in his daily life. Whenever he comes across something amusing, he records it on his phone and saves the idea on his computer.
- Then, eventually, he uses it when it fits the current theme he is working on. It’s literally his unique blend of innocent humor based on everyday issues that everyone can relate to. And as a result, his YouTube channel has skyrocketed to infamy.
- By late 2012, German’s channel had become the most subscribed Spanish-speaking channel. In early 2013, the channel was the first to be among the top ten most subscribed.
- His subscriber growth skyrocketed in the same year, when he was gaining over a million subscribers per month on average. As a result, he became the third most subscribed YouTuber in 2013, trailing only YouTube Spotlight and the current most subscribed YouTuber, PewDiePie.
- By the beginning of 2014, all of the videos on the HolaSoyGerman channel had received one billion total views and over 14 million subscribers. He was the fourth most subscribed channel behind Smosh, YouTube Spotlight, and PewDiePie, despite not even being in the top 100 a year and a half before.
- Furthermore, on June 21, 2014, German’s “HolaSoyGerman” channel surpassed YouTube Veterans Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla’s Smosh channel (which had been the most subscribed YouTube channel for less than a year) to become the second most subscribed user-generated channel of all time.
- Then, slightly more than a year later, in early July 2015, he surpassed YouTube Spotlight to become the second most subscribed channel on YouTube overall.
- Furthermore, as a result of German’s rapid channel growth, he received MTV’s “Icon of the Year” award in August 2014, and he won it again a year later.
- Despite the fact that the HolaSoyGerman channel has been the fifth most subscribed channel on YouTube since May 27, 2018, German is not active on this channel at all. Despite not uploading at all, the channel has over 140K subscribers per month, which is unusual in comparison to most content creators.
- German Garmendia had three YouTube channels. Aside from these three, he enjoyed music with his brother and friends. His YouTube channel was called “German Garmendia.” It was created on April 17, 2010 and has received 9,084,222 views to date.
- This is a music channel where he shares his music. However, he has only posted two videos on this channel.
- The second channel was launched on September 9, 2011 and has received 4,293,433,987 views to date. The channel is called “HolaSoyGerman.” He has a lot of videos on this channel. And, ironically, every video on this channel has millions upon millions of views.
- This channel is also one of the top 20 most subscribed Youtubers channels at the moment. However, he is no longer active. He last uploaded a video to this channel on November 20, 2016. He hasn’t been uploading videos to this channel since.
- Furthermore, the name of his third channel is “PlayGerman.” The channel was launched on May 18, 2013 and has received 11,325,207,282 views to date. Even on this channel, he receives millions of views on each video he uploads.
- His second YouTube channel is just as popular as his first. However, in this year of 20202, his channel “HolaSoyGerman” has more subscribers than this channel where he is active.
- Furthermore, ex-girlfriends, school, phobias, and addictions dominate his monologues. However, in his comedic sketches, German frequently makes fun of himself but not others. He was bullied as a child, but he insists that he has no malice toward anyone and that his videos are made in good fun.