Facts of Harvey Weinstein
|Full Name:||Harvey Weinstein|
|Birthday:||March 19, 1952|
|Net Worth:||$50 million|
|Profession:||American Film Producer and a Business Leader|
Harvey Weinstein is an American Film Producer and a Business Leader of the ideological group Democratic. He is a graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo. Weinstein alongside his sibling Bob Weinstein helped to establish Miramax Film Company.
How old is Harvey Weinstein?
Harvey Weinstein was born on March 19, 1952, in Flushing, New York, USA. He is of White-American ethnicity/race and has American nationality. He is the son of Max and Miriam Weinstein. His father is a diamond cutter.
Weinstein was raised in a Jewish family in a housing co-op in New York City with his younger brother, Bob Weinstein, who is an American film producer and the founder and head of Dimension Film. Weinstein graduated from John Bowne High School. He later went on to study at the University of Buffalo.
What is the Net Worth of Harvey Weinstein?
Harvey Weinstein has amassed a sizable fortune from his successful producing career. He has produced a number of blockbuster films. According to Celebrity Net Worth, his net worth is around $50 million, and according to The Richest, his net worth is around $150 million.
The blockbuster film Pulp Fiction, which was also produced by Weinstein’s production company, grossed a total of $213.9 million worldwide. On October 2, 2017, he sold his Minute Man Hill property for $1.65 million. According to property records, he purchased the mansion in 1995 for $825,000.
Weinstein also owned two other oceanfront mansions in Connecticut, each worth $7 million to $8.5 million. Another home owned by Weinstein and his now-ex-wife Chapman, located in Amagansett in the Hamptons, was relisted on the market in August 2017 for $12.4 million.
Weinstein also owns two Beachside Avenue properties. Weinstein has given more than $2.3 million to Democratic politicians and charitable organizations since 2000.
Who is Harvey Weinstein Married to?
Harvey Weinstein is a married man who has had two marriages. He first married his assistant, Eve Chilton, and they have three children: Remy Weinstein, Emma Weinstein, and Ruth Weinstein. They were married in 1987 and divorced in 2004.
Weinstein then began dating English fashion designer and actress Georgina Chapman. On December 15, 2007, the couple tied the knot. In 2010, the couple gave birth to their first child, a daughter named India Pearl Weinstein. They also have a son, Dashiell Weinstein, who was born in 2013.
Harvey Weinstein’s Allegations And Scandal
In February 2009, former Sam & Dave singer Samuel David Moore sued Harvey and his brother Bob Weinstein for allegedly basing Soul Men, a Weinstein Co. comedy starring Bernie Mac and Samuel L. Jackson, on the Sam & Dave’s career. In addition, filmmaker Michael Moore filed a lawsuit against the Weinstein brothers, claiming Weinstein owed him millions of dollars for his 2004 documentary Fahrenheit 9/11.
On October 8, 2017, The Weinstein Company’s board of directors fired him after actress Ashley Judd accused him of sexual harassment. Over the course of several decades, he has been accused by numerous women of sexual harassment.
Last October, dozens of women came forward with allegations of sexual assault against Weinstein spanning three decades. Actors including Rose McGowan, Ashley Judd, Salma Hayek, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, and Gwyneth Paltrow publicly accused Weinstein of rape and sexual misconduct. Asia Argento took the stage at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday to discuss her alleged rape at the hands of the accused producer in May 2018.
Career Line of Harvey Weinstein
- Both Weinstein brothers had grown up with a love of movies and aspired to work in the film industry.
- In the late 1970s, the brothers used profits from their concert promotion business to establish Miramax, a small independent film distribution company.
- The company’s first product was music-related concerts such as Paul McCartney’s Rockshow.
- In the early 1980s, Miramax acquired the rights to two British films of benefit shows shot for the human rights organization Amnesty International. The company began to expand its film and director library.
- Following the success of the 1992 British-Irish-Japanese thriller film The Crying Game, Disney offered the Weinsteins $80 million for ownership of Miramax in 1993.
- The company then released its first blockbuster, Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction.
- In 1997, the company received its first Academy Award nomination for Best Picture.
- The Weinstein brothers left the company on March 29, 2005. On September 30, 2005, they established The Weinstein Company, a production company. The company was founded by several other media executives and directors, including Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and Colin Vaines.