Facts of Hyun Bin
|Full Name:||Tae-pyung Kim|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches|
|Education:||Chung-Ang University (MA in Theater Studies and Film)|
South Korean actor Hyun Bin is well-known. Hyun Bin rose to fame as a Hallyu Star for his roles in films and dramas such as ‘The Negotiation,’ ‘Memories of the Alhambra,’ ‘Crash Landing on You,’ and ‘A Millionaire’s First Love,’ among others.
Is Hyun Bin dating someone?
On January 1, 2021, Hyun Bin’s agency confirmed that the actor is in a romantic relationship with actress Son Ye-jin. They co-star in The Negotiation and Crash Landing on You.
How old is Hyun Bin?
Hyun Bin was born on September 25, 1982, and he is currently 38 years old. Kim Tae-pyung is his birth name, which is written in Korean as and Hanja as. Similarly, Hyun Bin is written in both Korean and Hanja. Furthermore, he is from the Songpa District of Seoul, South Korea, and has one older brother.
Similarly, Hyun Bin graduated from Youngdong High School. In 2004, he enrolled at Chung-Ang University. There, Hyun Bin majored in Theater Studies and Film. In 2009, he enrolled at the same university to pursue a Master’s degree.
How much is Hyun Bin’s Net Worth?
Similarly, the veteran actor received praise for his performance in Late Autumn. This drama was shown at the 61st Berlin International Film Festival. Hyung Bin has been nominated for a number of awards throughout his career. Among them are five nominees for the Baeksang Arts Awards.
He also received numerous acting awards, including the Grand Prize (Daesang) for TV at the 47th Baeksang Arts Awards. Hyun Bin’s net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
How tall is Hyun Bin?
Hyun Bin is 6 feet tall (1.85 meters) and weighs approximately 84 kg. Likewise, his chest-waist-hip measurements are 44-34-38 inches.
Career line of Hyun Bin
- Hyun Bin is a well-known South Korean actor. The actor rose to prominence after appearing in the 2005 romantic comedy TV drama My Name is Kim Sam-soon. Since then, Hyun Bin has played leading roles in a number of successful TV shows, including Secret Garden, Memories of the Alhambra, and Crash Landing on You.
- Similarly, the actor’s popularity grew when he appeared in a string of box office hits, including the action thriller Confidential Assignment, the crime thrillers The Swindlers and The Negotiation, and the horror film Rampant
- Shower, the first film starring the famous actor, was released in 2002. Hyun Bin finally made his acting debut in 2003. It was with the TV show Bodyguard. He later appeared in Nonstop 4 and Ireland. He also made his film debut the same year with Spin Kick.
- Similarly, Hyun Bin rose to fame with the 2005 romantic comedy series My Lovely Sam Soon, in which he co-starred with Kim Sun-a. Hyun Bin received the MBC Drama Awards’ “Top Excellence Award” for his performance in this role. Hyun Bin rose to prominence in South Korea as Sam-sik.
- It cemented the actor’s status as a Hallyu star as his popularity spread beyond South Korea to Japan and other Asian countries.
- Following the success of this drama, Hyun Bin starred in his first feature film as a lead actor in A Millionaire’s First Love. The actor’s next TV project was The Snow Queen, for which he received his first “Best Actor” nomination at the Baeksang Arts Awards.
- Hyun Bin, the actor, began to pursue more diverse projects. After The Snow Queen, Hyun in returned to television with Worlds Within. Similarly, in 2010, the actor starred in Secret Garden. His portrayal of Kim Joo-won in this drama caused a “Hyun Bin Syndrome,” as his name and face were plastered everywhere from newspapers to TV and the internet. Furthermore, the actor’s performance in this drama was recognized at the 2010 SBS Drama Awards and the 47th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- In 2011, he starred in two films: Come Rain, Come Shine and Late Autumn. Hyun Bin also walked the red carpet at the 61st Berlin International Film Festival. Both films were chosen for screening.
- Hyun Bin began his mandatory military service on 7 March 2011 and was discharged on 6 December 2012. Following the merger of their former agency AM Entertainment with SM Entertainment, Hyun’s representatives announced in November 2012 that the actor and Shin Min-ah had decided to go independent and establish their own management agency O& Entertainment.
- Furthermore, Hyun Bin spent the majority of 2013 filming commercials as an in-demand product endorser and holding fan meetings across Asia. After his military service, the actor chose The Fatal Encounter, in which he played the lead role of King Jeongjo.
- After a four-year hiatus, he returned to the Korean drama scene in 2015 with Hyde, Jekyll, Me. The actor then established his own agency, VAST Entertainment, in January 2016. Three years later, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Kakao M.
- In 2017, Hyun Bin made a comeback with the action-thriller film Confidential Assignment. He then appeared in the crime action film The Swindlers. In 2018, he co-starred in the crime thriller The Negotiation with actress Son Ye-jin and Rampant.
- The same year, he returned to the small screen with Memories of the Alhambra, co-actor with Park Shin-hye. In 2019, Hyun Bin reunited with The Negotiation co-star Son Ye-jin in Crash Landing on You as a North Korean army captain. Hyun Bin is set to appear in the thriller film The Point Men in 2020.
- On October 29, 2013, Hyun Bin received the President’s award at the 50th Savings Day. It was held by the Financial Services Committee for saving 35 billion won (approximately US$33 million) in 17 years. In February 2016, the actor took part in an anti-animal cruelty awareness campaign.
- His agency VAST Entertainment released photos of him posing with a retired search and rescue dog named “Vision” as part of the project.
- In March 2020, it was revealed that the actor made a secret donation of 200 million won to the non-profit organization Community Chest of Korea on February 21, 2020. It was to aid in the fight against the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The actor is also a member of the “Honor Society.” It is a group of major private donors. He is on the list because of his numerous donations to various charities. The actor also continues to support projects run by organizations such as Save the Children, Community Chest of Korea, and international relief organizations
- On March 7, 2011, Hyun Bin began his 21-month mandatory military service as a Marine Corps soldier. The actor volunteered to join the Marine Corps. It is regarded as the toughest branch of the Korean military.
- Furthermore, the competition rate to join the Marines at the time was 4:1. Hyun Bin was in the top 5% of applicants. The actor applied to be a combat soldier. Seven broadcasting companies requested access to the training camp
- During training, Hyun Bin was recognized as a special grade marksman for his performance in the shooting exercises. Originally, the Corps intended to assign the actor to public relations duties. Nonetheless, due to public outrage and the actor’s reported desire to serve on the front lines, Hyun Bin was assigned to active duty on Baengnyeong Island. It is close to the Northern Limit Line and Yeonpyeong. Yeonpyeong was the site of an artillery battle between North and South Korean forces in November 2010.
- Hyun Bin participated in the “Seoul Reclamation Anniversary Marine Marathon Competition” after joining the Marines and serving for six months. In addition, the actor ran a 6.25-kilometer course with 400 outstanding senior marines.
- This event was held to commemorate the historically significant event in which the Marines reclaimed Seoul, which had been taken during the 6.25 Korean War. On December 6, 2012, the actor was released from the hospital.