Facts of J-Hope
|Net Worth:||$12 million|
J-Hope is a Korean pop star who is a member of the South Korean boy band BT-Big Hit Entertainment. He is also a Korean singer-songwriter, rapper, dancer, and member of the boy band Bangtan Boys.
When is J-Hope’s Birthday?
J-Hope was born Jung Ho-Seok on February 18, 1994, in Gwangju, Korea. He is 26 years old, and his zodiac sign is Aquarius. He lived with his parents and has an older sister, Mejiwoo, who is an Instagram celebrity. Before joining BTS, he was a member of the underground dance team Neuron and studied dance at Gwangju Music Academy.
His dancing abilities eventually led him to develop an interest in singing, allowing him to audition as an idol trainee.
Fans have given him nicknames such as Hobi, Sunshine, J-Dope, J-Farmer, J-Kill, Golden Hyung, Angel, Jay, Captain Nemo, JH, and many others. He currently resides with his family in Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea.
Education of J-Hope
He graduated from “Gwangju Global High School” and then attended “Global Cyber University.” He had a passion for tennis when he was in elementary school. Similarly, he usually competes in competitions and once won a bronze medal in a three-team competition.
Is J-Hope Single or Dating his Girlfriend?
He never mentioned anyone he cared about on any social media platform. J-Hope should be single and specialized in his career.
He hasn’t been linked to any dating rumors since joining BTS. According to various online sources, he was in a relationship before joining BTS. He broke up with his girlfriend after she decided to move on with someone else, but that is the only dating story about J-Hope.
How tall is J-Hope?
He has an impressive body structure, standing 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 65 kg. His favorite hair color is red, and his favorite drink is Sprite. He claims to be one of the members who can cook well. Mang, his BT21 character, could be a blue/purple horse.
J-Hope used to teach Literature in BTS’s mini-drama “Flower Boys.” He enjoys reading and literature. He mentions that he isn’t very good at drawing. His favorite color is green. He is fluent in Japanese, Korean, and the basics of Sunshine language.
How much is the Net Worth of J-Hope?
J-Hope does not appear to have personal accounts on any social media platforms. He is, however, active on Twitter and YouTube through his group’s accounts. As a result, the group has 26.2 million subscribers on YouTube and 24.3 million followers on Twitter.
His net worth is estimated to be around $12 million by Celebrity Net Worth. In 2016, he spent US$1.6 million on a luxury apartment in South Korea for his personal use.
Achievements and Awards of J-Hope
He has received several local dance awards, including first place in a National Dance Competition in 2008. His solo debut’s success propels him to third on the Emerging Artist Chart, 97th on the Artist 100 Chart, and 91st on the Artist 100 Chart for the week of March 10 and 91st on the week of March 17.
He is the fifth Korean creative person, and thus the second Korean soloist after Psy, to be named to the Artist 100. The South Korean artist and his band were named ‘New Artist of the Year at the 2013 Golden Disk Awards, the 2013 MelOn Music Awards, the 2014 Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards, and thus the 2014 Seoul Music Awards.
When did J-Hope join BTS?
- J-Hope was first contacted by Big Hit Entertainment agents in 2010 during a major national casting.
- He joined Bangtan Boys as its first trainee and then officially became a member of the band in June 2013 alongside Jin, Suga, RM, Jimin, V, and JungKook.
- J-Hope made his debut in 2013 with the single “No More Dream,” which was released as part of the Bangtan Boys’ debut album “2 Cool 4 Skool.”
- He and the members of BTS went on to win a slew of awards and perform at numerous events, including the Mnet Asian Music Awards, the American Music Awards, and Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rocking Eve.
- On December 21, 2015, the South Korean singer launched his solo career with his first single, “1 VERSE.”
- He had debuted three solo songs, “Mama,” “Boy Meets Evil,” and “Just Dance.”
- In addition, he debuted a solo career in 2018 with his debut mixtape, Hope World, becoming the third member to do so.
- J-Hope not only became the fifth Korean artist to chart on the Billboard 200 after BoA, Taeyang, Jonghyun, and G-Dragon, but he also became the highest-charting solo K-pop act on the Billboard 200 up to the present.
- Hope World debuted at number 63 on the main chart and topped the World Albums chart.
- In the same year, his group BTS debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 with their albums Love Yourself: Tear and Love Yourself: Answer.
- Chicken Noodle Soup, his duet with Becky G, topped the charts worldwide in 2019.
- Following the success of a social media dance challenge, the song topped the Billboard World Digital Songs chart and even made it into the Hot 10.
- In January 2020, he was promoted alongside fellow BTS member RM to become a full member of the Korea Music Copyright Association, alongside Suga.