Facts of Kang Ha-neul
|Full Name:||Ha-neul Kang|
|Net Worth:||$1 million to $5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches|
|Education:||Chung-Ang University (Theatre)|
Kang Ha-neul is a popular South Korean actor. Kang Ha-neul is well-known for his roles in films and TV dramas such as ‘Midnight Runners,’ ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo,’ ‘The Heirs,’ and ‘Angel Eyes,’ among others.
How old is Kang Ha-neul?
Kang Ha-neul was born on February 21, 1990, and is now 30 years old. He is from Busan, South Korea, and his birth name is Kim Ha-neul, which is written in Korean as. Kang Ha-neul is written in Korean as
It is also spelled Gang Ha-neul. In his native language, the name “Ha-neul” means “sky.”
When it comes to his family, Ha-neul’s father was a folk singer who taught him how to sing and play the guitar at a young age. Both of Ha-neu’s parents worked in the South Korean entertainment industry. Kang Ha-neul also has a younger brother who is a performer.
Kang Ha-neul was overweight as a child and became aware of his weight. Ha-neul then began regular workouts and a strict diet in order to get in shape by the time he graduated from high school. Ha-neul later earned a degree in Theatre from Chung-Ang University.
Similarly, during his university days, Ha-neul was an active participant in the university’s cultural activities. As a result, he drew the attention of South Korean film and television producers and directors.
How tall is Kang Ha-neul?
Kang Ha-neul is approximately 1.81 meters (5 feet 9 inches) tall. Aside from that, there is no information about his weight, chest-waist-hip measurement, biceps, dress size, and so on. Similarly, Ha-neul has dark brown eyes and silky black hair.
Career line of Kang Ha-neul
- Kang Ha-neul is a well-known South Korean actor. Ha-neul is best known for his roles in the TV dramas The Heirs, Angel Eyes, Misaeng: Incomplete Life, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, and When the Camellia Blooms, among many others. Among his other credits are Mourning Grave, Twenty, Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet, New Trial, and Midnight Runners.
- At the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards, the young actor was also named “Best Actor.” Kang Ha-neul was ranked 23rd in Forbes Korea Power Celebrity’s annual list in 2020.
- Kang Ha-neul’s initial career was to follow in his parents’ footsteps and become an actor. As a result, at the age of 16, he appeared in South Korean theater as Jang Young-shil in the musical The Celestial Watch. This was his first performance as an actor.
- Kang Ha-neul took a year off from his studies the following year. It was to appear in the TV series My Mom! Super Mom! as well as the play Carpe Diem. While Ha-neul was in college, the actor appeared in the music video Still Pretty Today by Fly to the Sky.
- Kang Ha-neul began his career in musical theater. Thrill Me, Prince Puzzle, Black Mary Poppins, and Assassins are some notable projects. Later, the actor made the transition to the screen, appearing in a number of TV dramas.
- Kang Ha-neul had a busy year in 2015. He appeared in three films in the same year. They are the musical film C’est si bon, the period film Empire of Lust, and the coming-of-age film Twenty. Ha-neul received several Best New Actor awards and nominations for his performance in Twenty.
- Kang Ha-neul starred in the black-and-white biographical period film Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet in 2016. In this project, he played the title character, poet Yun Dong-ju. This project earned him nominations for “Best Actor” at the 25th Buil Film Awards and the 4th Wildflower Film Awards.
- The actor also appeared in the romantic comedy film Like for Likes. He portrayed a young songwriter with hearing impairment in this project. Ha-neul also co-starred in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo the same year. He portrayed the 8th Prince Wang Wook in this film.
- This performance earned him a “Excellence Award” at the 2016 SBS Drama Awards. Furthermore, for this project, Ha-neul collaborated with a number of well-known actors, including Lee Joon-gi, Lee Ji-eun (IU), Kim San-ho, Hong Jong-hyun, Byun Baek-hyun, Nam Joo-hyuk, and Ji Soo.
- Kang Ha-neul starred in the 2017 film New Trial as a young man who spent a decade in prison after an abusive investigation for a crime he did not commit.
- He co-starred in the action-comedy film Midnight Runners with Park Seo-joon, playing a nerdy student at the Korean National Police University. The same year, Ha-neul co-starred in the mystery thriller film Forgotten with Kim Mu-yeol.
- Kang Ha-neul also appeared in the military musical Shinheung Military Academy in September 2018, alongside fellow actor Ji Chang-wook and k-pop idol Kim Sung-kyu. Kang Ha-neul’s excellent performance as Paldo earned him a nomination for “Best Actor” at the 7th Yegreen Musical Awards.
- Similarly, in 2019, the actor made a comeback in the entertainment industry with When the Camellia Blooms, co-starring with actress Gong Hyo-jin. He received numerous awards for this, including Best Actor (TV) at the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2020.
- In January 2020, he will appear on stage in Fantasy Tale. Similarly, on December 10, 2019, TH Company confirmed his return to the big screen with Rain and Your Story. Kang Ha-neul’s new agency is called TH Company.
- Kang Ha-neul began his mandatory military service on September 11, 2017 at the Nonsan Korean Army Training Center. During the completion ceremony on October 24, they recognized Kang Ha-neul for his outstanding performance during basic training.
- Kang Ha-neul was then appointed honorary ambassador of the Military Manpower Administration on February 22, 2019. This ceremony was held at the Air Force Hall in Yeongdeungpo, Seoul. Kang Ha-neul served as an honorary ambassador for the MMA until December 2019. The actor was then released on May 23, 2019.