Facts of Kim Namjoon:
|Full Name:||Kim Namjoon|
|Net Worth:||$8 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Profession:||Singer, Rapper, songwriter, record producer|
|Sibling:||Kim Geong Min|
Kim Nam Joon is a South Korean K-pop artist, rapper, songwriter, and record producer. Kim Nam Joon is the main rapper and leader of the popular hip-hop boy group Bangtan Boys (BTS).
What is the Age of Kim Namjoon?
Kim Nam-Joon is also known as Namjoon and RM (formerly as Rap Monster). He was born on September 12, 1994, in Ilsan-gu, South Korea. In 2019, he is 26 years old. His family consists of his mother, father, and sister Kim Geong Min.
RM began learning English with his mother at a young age by watching the American television series “Friends.” During his primary school days, he was awestruck by uniforms and aspired to be a security guard in the future.
Education of Kim Namjoon
Namjoon had a reputation as a neat and quiet student before his debut. During his school years, he was among the top scorers on the national school exam. He even had a high IQ of 148 and a TOEIC score of over 900. As a student, RM actively wrote poetry and frequently received awards for his efforts. He received some attention from an online poetry website where he posted his work. RM became interested in a literary career as a result of this, but he later decided against it.
RM became interested in hip-hop music at the age of 11 after hearing epic High’s “Fly” in fifth grade. He found solace in the song that he delved even deeper into the genre.
RM developed an interest in lyricism after being introduced to an American rapper named Eminem by his high school teacher. RM then transitioned to writing lyrics, claiming that when his poetry was combined with music, it became lyrics.
He even started printing the lyrics and sharing them with his friends. As a first-year middle school student in 2007, RM began rapping in local amateur hip-hop circles with his self-composed recording. He recently graduated from Global Cyber University, where he majored in Broadcasting and Performing Art.
Awards and Net Worth of Kim Namjoon
Namjoon has performed at numerous events and has received numerous awards to date. BTS, RM’s band, became the first K-pop group to win a Billboard award. Since 2017, they have won Billboard’s Top Social Artist Award three times in a row, defeating US favorites such as Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande.
Namjoon and his band made a historic appearance before the United Nations and delivered a speech urging young people to “Find Your Voice.” The President of South Korea bestowed the fifth-class Hagwan Order of Cultural Merit on RM and his bandmates in 2018. BTS has a net worth of around $60 million. And RM has a personal net worth of $8 million.
Is Kim Namjoon secretly Married?
Looking inside his love life, the media has no information about his dating life. As a result, he is thought to be single right now. He is the only member of BTS who has not been involved in dating rumors.
He did, however, reveal that he had a girlfriend in high school. Namjoon was rumored to have had heart surgery at the age of 15 with a 30% chance of survival (but that is just a rumor).
What is the Height of Kim Namjoon?
With a height of 181 cm, Namjoon is the tallest member of BTS. He is one of the heaviest members of the band, weighing approximately 67 kg. His eyes and hair are also brown.
Career Line of Kim Namjoon
- Kim Namjoon began his musical career as a solo underground artist under the stage name Runch Randa long before he became RM.
- Namjoon made his debut as a member of the hip-hop boy band BTS on June 12, 2013. He was the first member to join BTS. He stated that rapping helped him cope with the stress of his studies.
- His debut song, ‘No More Dreams,’ was inspired by the days when he worked late into the night for his exams. Since his debut, RM has worked on every album released by BTS.
- In March 2015, RM and Warren G released their first single, P.D.D (Please Don’t Die). A few days later, he released his first solo mixtape. ‘RM’ is an abbreviation for ‘Rich On October 23, 2018, he made a comeback with the “Mono” mixtape. He even released three music videos from his mixtape: “Moonchild,” “Forever Rain,” and “Seoul.”
- Furthermore, RM has written and produced over 100 songs to date. He has collaborated with a variety of artists, including Wale, Warren G, Gaeko, Krizz Kaliko, MFBTY, Fall Out Boy, Primary, and Lil Nas X.
- In January 2020, he and fellow BTS member J-Hope were promoted from associate to full members of the Korea Music Copyright Association.
- They joined bandmate Suga, who was previously recognized as a full member in 2018. He appeared on Younha’s track “Winter Flower,” which was released on January 6, 2020.