Facts of Micheal Eric Dyson
|Full Name:||Micheal Eric Dyson|
|Wife:||Marcia L. Dyson|
|Net Worth:||$4 million|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Profession:||Professor, Radio host, political commentator|
Michael Eric Dyson is an American author, radio host, and preacher. Michael Eric Dyson won the American Book Award in 2007 for his book “Come Hell or High Water: Hurricane Katrina and the Color of Disaster.” Similarly, he is a sociology professor at Georgetown University.
Micheal Eric Dyson was born on October 23, 1958. Dyson was born in Detroit, Michigan, USA. Similarly, the author is now 62 years old. Dyson is of American nationality and was born under the sign of Scorpio.
Moving on to his family, he was born to Addie Mae Leonard. Dyson was adopted by his stepfather, Everett Dyson. He also has four brothers. Their names are Anthony Dyson, Everette Dyson-Bey, Gregory Dyson, and Brian Dyson. He also grew up in Detroit, Michigan, with his brothers.
Micheal Eric Dyson went on to attend Cranbook School in Bloomfield Hills. He dropped out and enrolled at Northwestern High School. He went on to Carson-Newman College after graduating from high school. Similarly, Dyson received his bachelor’s degree, Magna Cum Laude, in 1985. He also attended Princeton University. Dyson earned a Ph. D. in religion from the same university in 1993.
Michael Eric Dyson has received several awards for his books. The following are some of the awards he has received: 2004 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work, NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work in 2006, American Book Award in 2007, and Southern Book Prize in 2018.
Similarly, Dyson has a $4 million net worth.
Micheal Eric Dyson has three marriages. His first wife’s name was Theresa Taylor. In 1977, the couple got married. However, things did not work out, and the couple divorced in 1977. He then married Branda Joyce in 1982, but they divorced after a decade. In 1992, he married his third wife, Marcia L Dyson. He might be single right now.
Micheal Eric Dyson has never been involved in any scandals or controversies. Similarly, Dyson has kept a spotless online reputation.
Micheal Eric Dyson is in his early 60s. He is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 70 kg. Dyson, too, has black hair and brown eyes.
- Michael Eric Dyson is a professor, author, radio host, and preacher. Dyson has taught at a number of universities. He has taught at the Chicago Theological Seminary, Brown University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Columbia University, DePaul University, and the University of Pennsylvania, among others. Similarly, from 2007 to 2020, he was a Professor of Sociology at Georgetown University.
- Dyson moved to Vanderbilt University in 2021, where he holds the Centennial Chair. He is also a University Distinguished Professor of African American and Diaspora Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences. Similarly, he serves as a University Distinguished Professor of Ethics and Society in the Divinity School.
- In addition, he was a visiting professor at Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont, in 2016 and 2018.
- Michael Eric Dyson has also published a few books. In 2006, his book Come Hell or High Water: Hurricane Katrina and the Color of the Disaster was published.
- Similarly, his essay One Love Two Brothers Three Verses addresses racism against young black males in the United States. Furthermore, his last three books have all been New York Times bestsellers.
- Dyson has also hosted a radio show on Radio One. The show aired from January 2006 to February 2007. Dyson also appears as a commentator on National Public Radio, MSNBC, and CNN, and is a regular guest on Real Time with Bill Maher.
- In addition, Michael Eric Dyson joined MSNBC as a political analyst in 2011.
- The Michael Eric Dyson Show radio show debuted on April 6, 2009. The show is broadcast live from Morgan State University. Similarly, the first guest was Oprah Winfrey.
- Similarly, Dyson dedicated his book Can You Hear Me Now? Michael Eric Dyson’s Inspiration, Wisdom, and Insight to Oprah Winfrey