Facts of Nam Joo-hyuk
|Full Name:||Joo-hyuk Nam|
|Net Worth:||$64 million dollars|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches|
|Profession:||Actor, Model, Media Influencer, Brand Ambassador|
|Education:||Gyeongnam Middle School|
Nam Joo-hyuk is a well-known South Korean actor and model. Nam Joo-hyuk has appeared in a number of well-known TV dramas, including “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo,” “Who Are You: School 2015,” “Start-Up,” and “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo,” among others. He also rose to prominence after appearing in the historical film “The Great Battle.”
How old is Nam Joo-hyuk?
Nam Joo-hyuk was born on February 22, 1994, and is now 27 years old. He was born in Busan, South Korea, and his zodiac sign is Pisces. He went to Gyeongnam Middle School. Nam Joo-hyuk dreamed of becoming a professional basketball player while studying there.
As a result, J00-hyuk spent three years on the basketball team. Unfortunately, he was injured and had to have surgery. His basketball career was effectively over as a result of this. Later that month, in late October, Nam Joo-hyuk shared the stadium with Stephen Curry, an American professional basketball player for the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association.
Furthermore, Nam Joo-hyuk’s name is written in Korean as and in Hanja as. Nam Joo-hyuk is the only child in his family and thus has no siblings. However, he hasn’t revealed much about his parents or other family members.
How much is Nam Joo-hyuk’s Net Worth?
At the time of writing this biography, December 2020, this account has 600 posts, shares, and over 13.4 million followers. Moving on, Nam Joo-hyuk’s net worth is estimated to be around $64 million.
Who is Nam Joo-hyuk’s Girlfriend?
Nam Joo-hyuk is currently more concerned with his career and professional life than with his personal relationships and affairs. As a result, he is currently unattached. However, in April 2017, he began dating actress-model Lee Sung-kyung. The two are co-stars in the TV dramas Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo and Cheese in the Trap. However, the couple revealed that they had split up on August 18, 2017 due to their hectic schedules.
How tall is Nam Joo-hyuk?
Nam Joo-hyuk stands approximately 1.87 meters (6’1′′) tall. Similarly, his weight is 163 pounds (74 kgs). Nam Joo-hyuk has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Career line of Nam Joo-hyuk
- Nam Joo-hyuk is an actor and model. He is best known for his portrayal of Han Yi-an in the KBS2 drama series Who Are You: School 2015. Similarly, as a model, Nam Joo-hyuk has walked the runway for brands such as SONGZIO Homme. The young model began his modeling career in 2013.
- Later that year, Nam Joo-hyuk was nominated for the “Best New Actor” award at the 8th Korea Drama Awards for his work on Who Are You: School 2015. In the series Cheese in the Trap, he co-starred with Park Hae-jin.
- Similarly, after moving to Seoul, Nam Joo-hyuk won the reality show “Top Model.” This contest was sponsored by K-Plus. Soon after, the actor/model signed an exclusive contract with the modeling agency.
- Nam Joo-hyuk made his debut as a model in 2013 for the SONGZIO Homme 2014 S/S collection. After that, he appeared in the music videos 200 percent and Give Love.
- These are songs by fellow YG Entertainment artist Akdong Musician. Nam Joo-hyuk then made his acting debut as a supporting actor in the tvN drama The Idle Mermaid.
- A year later, in 2015, the actor rose to prominence with his appearance in the KBS teen drama Who Are You: School 2015. The following year, he appeared in supporting roles in the college romance series Cheese in the Trap and the historical drama Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.
- The same year, the young actor joined the cast of the variety show Three Meals a Day. Nam Joo-hyuk received his first lead role in the 2016 youth sports drama Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo. Then, in 2017, he starred in tvN’s fantasy romance series The Bride of Habaek.
- The actor also appeared as a guest star on the reality show Running Man and in a music video for the song Chocolate. He also appeared on the reality shows Celebrity Bromance and My Ear’s Candy
- Nam Joo-hyuk appeared in the historical film The Great Battle in 2018. Nam Joo-hyuk is making his feature film debut with this project. Then he was named “Best New Actor” at the prestigious Blue Dragon Awards.
- Nam Joo-hyuk appeared in the fantasy romance drama Dazzling a year later in 2019. He was also cast in the romance film Josee. It is a remake of the 2003 Japanese film Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish. Nam Joo-hyuk went on to star in Netflix’s supernatural crime drama The School Nurse Files. This drama will be released on September 25, 2020.
- Nam Joo-hyuk is currently starring as Nam Do-san in the tvN series Start-Up. He will also be seen in Noh Hee-kyung’s upcoming series Here.
- Nam Joo-hyuk signed a contract with the brand Penshoppe in November 2017. He was chosen as the clothing brand’s new model. He also became one of its brand ambassadors. Similarly, on April 17, 2019, the fashion house Dior officially announced Nam Joo-hyuk as the brand ambassador of Dior Men in Asia.
- Then, on April 6, 2019, it was reported that Nam Joo-hyuk donated approximately 30 million Won to the “Hope Bridge Association of National Disaster Relief” for the victims of the Gangwon Province wildfire in South Korea.
Awards and Nominations of Nam Joo-hyuk
Nam Joo-hyuk had received a total of 26 award nominations as of 2020. He has won 12 awards in total. At the 2014 3rd CFDK Awards, he won the “Fashion Model of the Year Awards, Male Model Category.” Then, in 2015, he was named “Best New Actor” at the 4th APAN Star Awards and “Popularity Award, Actor” at the 29th KBS Drama Awards.
Similarly, Nam Joo-hyuk was named “Breakout Actor” at the 2016 11th Soompi Awards, “Style Icon” at the 2016 8th InStyle Star Icon, and “Best New Actor” at the 36th MBC Drama Awards the same year.
Nam Joo-hyuk won all of the awards for his role in the film The Great Battle in 2018. Nam Joo-hyuk received the “Rising Star Award” at the 6th Marie Claire Asia Star Awards.
Similarly, at the 2nd The Seoul Awards, the 38th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, and the 39th Blue Dragon Film Awards, the young actor was named “Best New Actor” for his role in the film The Great Battle. Nam Joo-hyuk was named “Best New Actor” at the 10th KOFRA Film Awards in 2019.