Facts of Nicky Jam
|Full Name:||Nicky Jam|
|Net Worth:||$8 Million|
|Profession:||Singer and Songwriter|
|Sibling:||One (Stephanie Rivera Caminero)|
|Mother:||Ysabel Caminero Madera|
Nicky Jam is a well-known American singer and songwriter. Nicky Jam is best known for his studio albums ‘Distinto A Los Demás,’ ‘The Black Carpet,’ and ‘Fenix.’ He is also known for his hit singles such as ‘Hasta El Amanecer,’ ‘El Amante,’ and ‘El Perdón,’ to name a few. Nicky Jam is also an actor. He appeared in the film xXX: Return of Xander Cage and the biographical TV series ‘El Ganador.’
How old is Nicky Jam?
Nicky Jam was born as Nick Rivera Caminero on March 17, 1981, in Boston, Massachusetts, to a Dominican mother and a Puerto Rican father. He then moved to Puerto Rico when he was ten years old. His nationality is American, and his zodiac sign is Pisces. He, too, is 39 years old. Nicky also has a sister named Stephanie Rivera Caminero. In addition, he is a Christian.
In terms of his upbringing, he grew up in a low-income family. So, in order to support his family, he began working illegally at a grocery store. Then, at the age of fourteen, he recorded and released his first music album. From a young age, he was enthralled by the music. And had been working very hard since childhood.
Education of Nicky Jam
He moved to Puerto Rico at the age of ten and enrolled in a local school. Nicky was inspired to pursue a music career after spending time on the street as a middle schooler. Then he began to work on his music career, and at the age of fourteen, he successfully recorded his first album.
How much does Nicky Jam earn?
He earns a decent amount of money and fame as a singer in the music industry. At the moment, his net worth is estimated to be around $8 million. Similarly, his TV earnings are expected to be US $158K in January 2020, $83.8K in February, and $39.5K in March 2020.
He paid $3 million for a mansion on Palm Island in Miami in August of 2018 and is now selling it for nearly $4 million in 2020. Furthermore, he has a car collection that includes high-end vehicles such as a Red Ferrari, a Range Rover, and an Audi.
Award and Nominations of Nicky Jam
In his music career, Nicky Jam has received 110 nominations and has won 37 awards.
Nicky Jam won his first Latin Grammy for Best Urban Performance in 2015 for the song “El Perdón,” which he co-wrote with Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias. From 21 nominations, he received three Latin American Music Awards. He has one Latin Grammy Award from seven nominations. In 2019, he won one of Telemundo’s Tu Musica Urban Awards out of eight nominations.
Who is Nicky Jam married to? Wife and Girlfriend
In February 2017, Nicky married Angélica Cruz in Medellin, Columbia. They had been dating for two years. He has two daughters from his previous marriage, Yarimar Rivera and Alisa Rivera. They divorced on August 21, 2018. He also has a son named Joe Martin.
Then, in 2019, he began dating model Cydney Moreau, and they got engaged on Valentine’s Day 2020. The couple met on the set of Nicky’s “Atrevete” music video in 2019, are ready to take their romantic life to the next level, and announced their relationship on Instagram in December 2019.
Scandals of Nicky Jam
Nicky Jam went into exile after jeopardizing his career with drugs, alcohol, and an ill-advised beef with his own mentor, Daddy Yankee. He was depressed, overweight, and struggling with his addiction. The only job he could find in Puerto Rico was singing cheesy pop covers in the hotel lobby.
Similarly, he was unable to attend the first-ever Latin American Music Awards on Oct. 8 in Los Angeles, where he won song of the year and two other trophies for his smash single “El Perdón” (featuring Enrique Iglesias), which has dominated the Hot Latin Songs chart for the majority of 2015.
How tall is Nicky Jam?
Nicky Jam is a handsome man with a well-groomed physique. He is 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs around 75kg. He has dark brown hair and black eyes. Similarly, the size of his shoe is 10. (US). As a result, he has a healthy body, a sweet smile, and a charming face.
Career line of Nicky Jam
- Nicky Jam released his first album, ‘Distinto A Los Demás,’ when he was fourteen years old. Despite the fact that the album was not a hit, he gained recognition in the music industry.
- Following the release of this album, the singer, along with Daddy Yankee, formed the group ‘Los Canaris.’ The duo then went on to release several successful singles, including ‘Sentirte,’ ‘Sabanas Blancas,’ ‘Guayando,’ and many others.
- Later, Nicky and Yankee split up, and Nicky began working as a solo performer, releasing many successful singles such as ‘Tu Primera Vez,’ ‘Voy A Beber,’ ‘Piensas en Mi,’ ‘Juegos Prohibidos,’ and ‘Curiosidad,’ to name a few. In 2001, he released his second album, titled ‘Haciendo Escante.’
- This was followed by the third and fourth albums, ‘Salón de La Fama’ and ‘Vida Escante,’ respectively.
- Following this, Nicky Jam’s album “The Black Carpet” was released. In addition to Big Boy, Héctor & Tito, Magnate & Valentino, and Lito & Polaco, the singer has worked on music projects with other well-known artists such as Big Boy, Héctor & Tito, Magnate & Valentino, and Lito & Polaco.
- He even collaborated with his ex-partner Daddy Yankee on the latter’s album ‘Prestige.’ His most recent work is the album ‘Fenix,’ which was released in 2017.
- Nicky Jam appeared in the Netflix biographical series Nicky Jam: El Ganador, which premiered in November 2018 and explored the artist’s struggles with drug addiction and rise to fame.
- Nicky Jam collaborated with Will Smith, Diplo, and Era Istrefi on the official 2018 FIFA World Cup anthem, “Live It Up.” Nicky Jam appeared in the Netflix biographical series Nicky Jam: El Ganador, which premiered in November 2018 and explored the artist’s struggles with drug addiction and rise to fame.
- In October 2019, Nicky Jam teased the release of his documentary, Behind Nicky Jam’s Intimo, which was produced by Apple Music. On November 1, 2019, he released the album ntimo. In November 2019, he renewed his contract with Sony Music Latin. He collaborated with Daddy Yankee on the song “Muévelo.”
- It’s worth noting that the successful singer also worked in movies. He played Lazarus in the film xXX: Return of Xander Cage.
- He also appeared in the biographical television series ‘El Ganador.’ In addition, he played the villain Zway-Lo in the upcoming film Bad Boys for Life, which will be released on January 17th, 2020. It will finally be available to Netflix members in the United States on Tuesday, April 21.
- Nicky Jam used to freestyle in the grocery store. Then a satisfied customer introduced him to a local label, which assisted him in releasing his debut album. After much struggle, he has finally emerged as a successful singer and actor in the American industry. He is well-known for his romantic reggaeton songs.