Facts of Vance Joy:
|Full Name:||Vance Joy|
|Net Worth:||$ 30 million|
|Height:||6 feet 3 inches (1.91m)|
|Profession:||Singer and Songwriter|
Vance Joy is an Australian singer and songwriter known for his indie-folk music. Vance Joy is also well-known for his debut EP ‘God Loves You When You’re Dancing,’ as well as many songs such as Mess is Mine, Riptide, Georgia, and others.
What is the Age of Vance Joy?
Vance Joy, 32, is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician who was born on December 1, 1987, in Melbourne, Australia. His full name is James Gabrial Keogh. There is no information about his parents’ names. He has one sibling sister, but the name is not yet available. He is a Catholic, and his zodiac sign is Sagittarius. His ethnicity is unknown.
Education of Vance Joy
He attended St. Patrick’s Primary School in Murrembeena, Melbourne. In 2005, he graduated from St. Kevin College, Toorak. After that, he earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University.
He was born into a middle-class family. Like any other kid, he was into sports, and the desire to play music didn’t come to him until he was in his adolescence. He began listening to heavy metal songs, particularly Metallica’s, which sparked his interest in music.
However, pursuing a career in music proved to be more difficult than simply learning to play the guitar, so he shifted his attention to his second-best interest, football. Joy was the school captain during his high school years and was on his way to a successful career in the game.
Vance enrolled at Monash University after graduating from high school, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws. It was around this time that the thought of pursuing a career in music entered his mind. He began singing in local bars and clubs and received positive feedback, which encouraged him to create his own good music.
He also bounced from clubs to bars and cafes in order to make a name for himself at open mic nights. He was once a well-known figure in the Melbourne open mic scene. He also had a successful run in Australian Rules Football and played in the Victorian Football League for the Coburg Football Club, where he won the best player award in 2008 for his outstanding performance. Even after he became a successful musician, he continued to support his football club.
How much is Vance Joy Net Worth?
The multi-talented star is estimated to have a net worth of around $30 million. His earnings, on the other hand, come from his singing career, tours, and the sale of his albums, EPs, and so on. There is no information about his house, cars, or other possessions.
Who is Vance Joy Married to?
The talented singer is straight and has been in a relationship with actress Shopie Lawe since 2018. In his acceptance speech for ARIA Awards-Adult Contemporary Album in 2018, he mentions Shopie as his girlfriend. He prefers to keep his personal life private, and there is no information about his previous affairs.
Joy was rumored to be dating actress Shopie Lawe. However, later in his acceptance speech, he revealed that Shopie was her girlfriend. He prefers to keep his personal life private and is not open about it. Aside from that, there are no rumors or controversies.
Awards and Nominations of Vance Joy
In her entire career, Joy was nominated 50 times and won 11 awards. He has won Pop Work of the Year, Song of the Year, Most Played Australian Work Overseas, and Most Performed Songs. Vance has also won the International Songwriting Competition Grand Awards and The Age Music Victoria Awards for his song “Riptide.” In 2015, he won the ARIA Award for Best Male Artist for Dream Your Life Away and the ARIA Award for Best Adult Contemporary Album for “Nation of Two.”
In 2013, he was named Breakthrough Independent Artist at the Independent Music Awards for his song Himself. The same year, he won Best Independent Single for God Loves You When You’re Dancing. Then, in 2014, he won the Newbie Award for Best New Male Artist for his song Himself.
What is the Weight of Vance Joy?
Vance Joy is attractive and handsome. He stands around 6 feet 3 inches tall. And he weighs around 92 kg. He has dark brown eyes and curly brown hair.
Career Line of Vance Joy
- He was a football player and school captain from a young age. In the Victorian Football League, he was a defender for the Coburg Football Club.
- He could still play for another club, but he decided to pursue music instead. Metallica influenced Joy.
- Vance was determined to make it as a musician in 2013, so he recorded and released his debut single “From Afar” in January 2013 and his debut EP “God Loves You When You’re Dancing” in March 2013.
- The EP’s second single, ‘Riptide,’ became a national craze, resulting in a string of hits on Australian commercial radio.
- The single went on to reach the sixth spot on the ARIA Singles Chart and was certified platinum by the Australian Record Industry Association. The song became the GoPro tv ad campaign’s anthem for the Australian market.
- Vance became a national music star as a result of the album. In several interviews, he has stated that his approach to making music is as simple as it gets.
- Following the resounding success of his first effort, he began focusing on the release of his much-anticipated debut album.
- Joy released his debut album, “Dream Your Life Away,” in September 2014. Songs from the album such as “Mess is Mine” and “First Time” became popular among American and European audiences. Joy capitalized on the album’s buzz by embarking on a nationwide tour.
- It was followed by a US tour in October, and he also performed in front of a live audience as a support act for Taylor Swift’s 1989 World Tour in November 2014. This increased his popularity among ordinary American music fans.
- In November 2014, he was invited to perform on his hit song “Riptide” at the MTV Europe Music Awards, and a year later, in 2015, he was named Elvis Duran’s Artist of the Month for November.
- Riptide became the young singer’s pinnacle of success, and as he broadened his horizons to a wider audience, the song topped many charts in the United States and European countries such as Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Italy, and Switzerland.
- The song peaked at number one on the Alternative and Rock Airplay charts, as well as number thirty on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Vance was also invited to perform on the song at the Boston Calling Music Festival in 2015, as well as during the Season finale of the 14th season of ‘American Idol.’ He received a standing ovation for his performance at the Dolby Theatre.
- Similarly, in June 2015, he released the single ‘Great Summer,’ which he had recorded for the film ‘Paper Towns.’ He also wowed the audience at the 2015 ARIA Music Awards, where he received seven nominations.
- He went on to win the Best Male Artist Award for his album Dream Your Life Away.
- Then, in 2017, he received yet another platinum certification for his single Lay it on Me, and that same year, he announced the release date of his second album Nation of Two, which was released on February 23, 2018.