Facts of Vera Wang
|Full Name:||Vera Wang|
|Net Worth:||$420 million|
|Height:||5 feet 3 inches (1.60m)|
Vera Wang is a fashion designer based in New York, New York. Vera Wang is well-known for her wedding gown collection and iconic red carpet designs. Furthermore, she is well-known in the United States for her wedding gown designs.
How old is Vera Wang?
Vera Wang was born on June 27, 1949, in New York City, New York, and is 71 years old. In America, her father’s name is Cheng Ching Wang and her mother’s name is Florence Wu. Her father’s given name is Wang Chongqing, and her mother’s given name is Wu Chifang. Vera’s mother worked as a translator for the United Nations.
Her father owns a pharmaceutical company and is a graduate of Yanjing University and MIT. Vera also has a younger brother named Kenneth Wang. Vera is of Chinese ethnicity and has American nationality. She began skating at the age of eight and spent most of her childhood in New York City.
In 1967, Vera Wang graduated from The Chapin School. She then enrolled at the University of Paris. She later earned a degree in art history from Sarah Lawrence College.
How much is Vera Wang’s net worth?
Vera Wang was inducted into the US Figure Skating Hall of Fame in 2009 for her contributions to the sport as a costume designer. She has also received the Council of Fashion Designers of America Lifetime Achievement Award and the Andre Leon Talley Lifetime Achievement Award.
Vera Wang has amassed a fortune as a fashion designer. Vera’s net worth is estimated to be around $420 million, but her salary has not been revealed.
Is Vera Wang dating someone?
In terms of Vera’s relationship, she divorced her husband in 2012. In 1989, Vera married real estate developer Arthur Becker. Arthur and Vera have two adopted daughters, Cecilia Becker and Josephine Becker. The couple and their two daughters used to live in Manhattan. Vera and her husband, on the other hand, divorced in July 2012 due to personal issues. Vera is currently single and has no extra-marital affairs.
When it comes to Vera’s rumors and his controversy, she hasn’t been a part of it until now. Aside from that, Vera is preoccupied with her personal and professional life. Furthermore, Vera prefers to avoid rumors and controversy.
How tall is Vera Wang?
Vera Wang is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs around 52 kg. Vera has stunning black hair and dark eyes. Vera’s body measurements are 32-24-34.
Career line of Vera Wang
- Vera Wang tried out for the US Olympic team as a skater but was not selected. She then moved on to a career in the fashion industry. At the age of 17, she became Vogue’s youngest editor. At the age of 23, she was promoted to senior fashion editor at Vogue.
- She spent 17 years at Vogue before joining Ralph Lauren as fashion director. She joined Ralph Lauren in 1987 and worked for two years before resigning at the age of 39.
- Vera then went on to become an independent bridal wear designer. Vera has created gowns for celebrities such as Mariah Carey, Ivanka Trump, Avril Lavigne, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Alicia Keys, Hillary Duff, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Chelsea Clinton, Kim Kardashian, and many more. Michelle Obama, Barack Obama’s wife, also wears Vera’s designed evening wear.
- Vera also designed costumes for skaters such as Nancy Kerrigan, Evan Lysacek, Nathan Shen, and Michelle Kwan.
- Furthermore, these skaters wore her designed costumes to the Winter Olympics. In 2009, she was inducted into the United States Figure Skating Hall of Fame for her work as a costume designer.
- She also designed the Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders’ uniforms. Vera Wang on Weddings was released on October 23, 2001. She also designed Viola Davis’s red carpet gown for the Academy Awards in 2012, as well as Sofia Vergara’s gown for the 65th Emmy Awards.
- In 2006, Wang struck a deal with Kohl’s to create Simply Vera, a line of less expensive ready-to-wear clothing. She returned to the New York Fashion Week runway for her Spring/Summer 2020 fashion show to commemorate her brand’s 30th anniversary.