Facts of Wanda Miller
|Full Name:||Wanda Miller|
|Birthday:||Lowndes County, Georgia|
|Husband:||Kenny Rogers (d. 2020)|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Sibling:||One (twin Tonia)|
Wanda Miller is the beloved wife of the late American singer Kenny Rogers. Wanda Miller and Kenny were married for 22 years until Kenny died tragically at the age of 81. Kenny passed away on March 20, 2020.
Early Life of Wanda Miller
Wanda Miller was born in 1967 in Lowndes County, Georgia, USA, and she is now 53 years old. Her exact date of birth, however, is unknown. Her father, Charles Miller, and mother, Teena Miller, are her parents.
She also has a sister named Tonia. Tonia and Wanda are identical twins, as are her own children Jordan and Justin. Wanda went to Lowndes High School, which was in her hometown. She also attended the school’s 30th reunion.
Wanda revealed in a 2015 interview that she will never forget her roots or where she came from. She also stated that she frequently visits her parents in her hometown of Lowndes County with her twins.
Was Wanda Miller married?
Wanda Miller recently became a widow on March 20, 2020, which is very sad news to share. She was married to Kenny Rogers until his natural death on March 20, 2020. Kenny was an American singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, and entrepreneur. In 2013, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. The couple married on June 1, 1997, and their marriage has lasted almost 23 years!
The lovers’ 23-year relationship seems like something out of a fairy tale. They did, however, face some challenges due to their 28-year age difference. Kenny Rogers was two years older than Wanda’s parents!
To begin, Kenny and Wanda first met in Atlanta. It happened by chance when Kenny was out on a blind date at a hotel where Wanda worked as a hostess. Rogers was instantly smitten by Wanda, and soon after the first incident, Kenny contacted the restaurant, inquired about her, and finally called her. When the couple met, sparks flew, and they dated for five years before marrying in 1997.
Wanda’s parents were initially dissatisfied with her decision because the lovers had a 28-year age difference. They didn’t approve of her relationship with Kenny. Rogers revealed in one of his interviews that he had a falling out with his in-laws, who were two years younger than him. His in-laws also expressed their displeasure with their romantic relationship.
Fortunately, Kenny was able to repair his relationship with Wanda’s parents and eventually became “best friends,” as Rogers puts it. Rogers also stated that Wanda is his true soulmate and that no one understands him better than her. Rogers frequently mentioned how fortunate he felt to have Wanda as his wife, even after their marriage.
Kenny already had three children from previous marriages and didn’t want any more. However, after some soul searching, he realized how unfair it would be for Wanda, who was still in her “childbearing years,” as Kenny explained in an interview with the Independent.
Later, in 2004, the long-distance couple welcomed twin sons. They were both overjoyed to have the twins, Justin Charles and Jordan Edward, in their lives. Justin weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and Jordan weighed 5 pounds, 8 ounces when they were born on Tuesday, July 6, 2004, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Kenny Rogers had already been married four times before he met Wanda. He married Janice Gordon on May 15, 1958, and they divorced in April 1960. Carole Lynne was their child. In October 1960, he married his second wife, Jean, whom he divorced in 1963.
In addition, Rogers married Margo Anderson for the third time in October 1964. However, they divorced in 1976. They also had a child together. Rogers married his fourth wife, Marianne Gordon, on October 3, 1977, and they divorced in 1993. They also had a child together.
Carole Lynne Rogers, born on September 15, 1958, Christopher Cody Rogers, born in 1982, and Kenny Rogers Jr. are Rogers’ children from previous relationships.
Death of Kenny Rogers
On March 20, 2020, the announcement was made. According to a representative for the singer, Kenny Rogers died while in hospice care at his home in Sandy Springs, Georgia. The country singer died at the age of 81 from natural causes.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, his family intends to hold a small private service, with a public memorial planned for a later date.Marianne Gordon, Kenny’s fourth wife, remembers him as a loving husband who focused all of his attention on his then-wife.
She, like the rest of the world, is mourning the loss of her ex-husband. Gordon reminds the world of Kenny’s character. Some of the celebrities who have paid tribute to the late singer include Victoria Hallman, George W. Bush, and Dolly Parton.
Net Worth of Wanda Miller
Wanda’s professional life is unknown, so there is no information on her accomplishments or awards. Nonetheless, her husband has been receiving awards since 1977, long before their marriage. His first award was the Country Music Association Award for “Single of the Year.” It was for the song Lucille.
He went on to win numerous awards in consecutive years, sometimes multiple awards in a single year. The most recent of his accomplishments is the “Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award,” which he received in 2013. Kenny was also inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame the same year. Wanda’s net worth is unknown, but her husband’s net worth is estimated to be $250 million.
How tall is Wanda Miller?
There are no official records of her body measurement stats. Wanda’s height is 5’7″ and her weight is around 59kgs, according to StarsWiki. Similarly, it lists her body measurements as 33-25-35, bra size 32D, shoe size 8, and dress size 4 according to US standards.
Career line of Wanda Miller
- Wonda’s professional life and career are unknown. Her husband, on the other hand, was a world-renowned American country music singer known for his raspy voice and numerous hits such as Lady, The Gambler, Lucille, and Through the Years.
- Wanda would frequently accompany Rogers on his music tours during the period of continuous touring. But circumstances changed, and she couldn’t find time to join her husband after the twins were born. Kenny announced his career from singing in 2017 because he wanted to spend more time with his family.
- He stated that he is a father first and a singer second. During the announcement, Kenny said:
- I hope my fans understand that I’m a father first and a singer second… I’m missing out on some wonderful moments in my boys’ lives. I know, as well as anyone else, how quickly time passes. And I don’t want to miss it.
- I’m just worried about how much longer I’ll be here, and I want to spend time with them. It’s really not that difficult.
- Kenny Rogers held his final concert in Nashville on October 25, 2017, at the Bridgestone Arena. At his final concert, he was joined by a number of special guests.
- Linda Davis, Elle King, Little Big Town, Lionel Richie, Billy Currington, Lee Greenwood, the Flaming Lips, the Oak Ridge Boys, Justin Moore, and Travis Tritt were among the performers.
- Other performers included the Judds, Kris Kristofferson, Alison Krauss, Chris Stapleton, Lady Antebellum, Idina Menzel, Crystal Gayle, Reba McEntire, and Jamey Johnson. Dolly Parton, Rogers’ long-time friend, also made an appearance.
- For the last time, the duo performed You Can’t Make Old Friends and Islands in the Stream.