Facts of Swapna Barman
|Full Name:||Swapna Barman|
|Age:||25 years old|
|Birthday:||October 29, 1996|
|Net Worth:||$1.5 Million|
|Height:||5 feet 3 inches|
Another Indian daughter has brought the country pride by becoming the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Games 2018. Swapna Barman, a 21-year-old athlete, is a member of the Indian National Team. She became the first Indian Heptathlete to win a gold medal at the Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Despite numerous injuries in the past, including one just before the Asian Games, the indestructible girl assisted India in increasing its medal total at the Asian Games 2018.
What is the Age of Swapna Barman?
She was born on October 29, 1996, to a poor Indian household. Swapna was born in the Indian state of West Bengal. Swapna’s father became ill after suffering a stroke in 2013, putting the burden of earning a living on her shoulders. Despite her injuries, she had to compete in National Level Events, games, or contests in order to provide financial assistance for her family. Her struggle continued until 2017, when she began receiving scholarships from the ‘GoSports‘ Foundation and a regular stipend from the ONGC under the ‘Rahul Dravid Athlete Mentorship Program.’ At the 2017 Asian Athletics Championships, held at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, the athlete also placed first in the Heptathlon.
She was born in the West Bengal hamlet of Ghospara on October 29, 1996. Panchanan Barman, a Rickshaw Driver, and Basana, a Tea Estate Worker, are her parents, and she was born into a Hindu family. Swapna’s family has always been poor, and they rely on her earnings to make ends meet. Her mother sighs, unable to provide her daughter with the essential nutrition that an athlete’s body requires. Swapna’s family threw a huge party to commemorate her historic win at the Asian Games 2018. In Ghospara (her village), everyone gave sweets to commemorate West Bengal’s first Asian Games gold in the heptathlon. Swapna Barman stands 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs about 50 kilograms. 32-26-32 are her body measurements. Her eyes and hair are both dark brown.
Also Read: Michael Oher Bio, Net Worth 2020/21 & Salary, Age, Bisexuality, Height
Swapna Barman’s Career Line
- She enrolled at Charuchandra College in Kolkata after finishing high school. When she first came to him for high jump training, her instructor, Subhash Sarkar, rejected her. He was also on the lookout for athletes who participated in other sports. Swapna’s high-jump performance was so impressive, he changed his mind and chose her for training.
- She came in fifth place at the 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
- In 2016, her talent was recognized with a scholarship of 1.5 lakh rupees. At the 2017 Asian Athletics Championships in Bhubaneswar’s Kalinga Stadium, Swapna took first place in the Heptathlon.
- At the Patiala Federation Cup in 2017, she also took home a gold medal.
- Many of her own personal records are believed to have been broken by the athlete. Swapna won the women’s heptathlon gold at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia, adding to India’s medal total at the Asian Games. She became the first Indian heptathlete to win an Asian Games gold medal.