Facts of ASAP Rocky
|Full Name:||ASAP Rocky|
|Net Worth:||$6 million|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Sibling:||sister Erika B. Mayers|
ASAP (or A$AP) Rocky is an American musician who rose to prominence in 2011 with his chart-topping singles “Long.Live.A$AP” and “At.Long.Last.A$AP.”
How old is ASAP Rocky?
ASAP Rocky is 32 years old and was born Rakim Mayers. Similarly, he was born on October 3, 1988, in Harlem, New York City. His father is from Barbados, and his mother is from the United States. Erika B. Mayers, his older sister, is his only sibling. Rocky began rapping when he was nine years old. He used to rap with his older brother, who wore his hair in French braids at the time, which Rocky later adopted. Rocky’s father was arrested for drug trafficking when he was 12 years old.
His father died in 2012. Ricky, his older brother, was murdered by a rival heroin dealer when he was 13 years old. As a result of the tragic accident, Rocky was inspired to devote more time to his music. He turned to drug riding to support his family as they walked through homeless shelters. In 2004, he was convicted of cocaine trafficking and sentenced to two weeks in prison. While in jail, he met potential rapper ‘Casanova.’ Likewise, he is of American nationality. His ethnicity, on the other hand, is still under investigation.
How much does ASAP Rocky earn?
ASAP has earned a huge profit through his profession. As a singer, he has earned a huge net profit. Whereas, ASAP Rocky’s has around an estimated net worth of $6 million.
Is ASAP Rocky dating someone?
Rocky was dating fellow rapper Iggy Azalea at the time. Iggy announced their relationship in January 2012, after they met through a college friend. She later confirmed that she had the title of Rocky’s mixtape ‘Live.Love.’ tattooed on her arm. Her fingers emblazoned with the letters ‘A$AP’. After the pair split up in July 2012, Iggy revealed that she had removed the word “A$AP” from her tattoo and kept only “Live.Love.”
Following that, Rocky had dated a number of female celebrities, including Rihanna, Rita Ora, Madison Skylar, Chanel Iman, Rosee Divinem, Tahiry Jose, and Kylie Jenner.
How tall is ASAP Rocky?
Talking about body measurement he has not shared the information regarding his body weight, body measurement, and many more. Whereas, he stands 5 feet 10 inches tall. Likewise, he has black hair and black eyes.
Career line of ASAP Rocky
- When it comes to Rocky’s professional life, he has been rapping since he was a teen, thanks to the influence of his older brother. In 2007, he joined the Harlem-based collective ‘ASAP Mob,’ after which he adopted the moniker ‘ASAP.’
- His first single, “Purple Swag,” was released in July 2011 and quickly became a rap phenomenon in New York City.
- His song “Peso” leaked online in August 2011 and quickly became a hit on the high-profile Hot 97 New York radio station. The massive success of ‘Purple Swag,’ on the other hand, has already gotten him noticed by record labels.
- After signing a $3 million contract with RCA Records and Polo Grounds Music, he released the mixtape ‘Live. Love. A$AP.’
- As part of the contract, he launched the label ‘A$AP Worldwide.’ as soon as possible Rocky appeared at the Pitchfork Music Festival in July 2012. Later that year, at the MTV Video Music Awards, he performed a celebrity rap on Rihanna’s “Cockiness (Love It).”
- In January 2013, he released his debut album, “Long Live Asap,” which not only sold 3 million units in the United States but also peaked at number eight on the Billboard 100 chart.
- Among the artists featured on the album are Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, 2 Chainz, Florence Welch, A$AP Ferg, and Santigold.
- Rocky debuted his own clothing line, A$AP, in 2013, in collaboration with designer Raf Simons. In 2014, he signed an official deal with William Morris Endeavor for national exposure.
- In 2014, he made a brief appearance in the comedy-drama ‘Dope.’ The next year, the film shown at the Sundance Film Festival before being released in theaters on June 12th. On the eve of his 26th birthday, ASAP Rocky recorded the short album “Flacko Jodye Season.” Rapper Juicy J contributed additional vocals to the record.
- In May 2015, he released his second album, titled “At.Long.Last.A$AP.” The album scheduled to be released a few weeks before the exact event, but Rocky had to move the launch date forward a week due to an internet leak.
- He collaborated with Kanye West, Mark Ronson, MIA, and Future this time.
- On the song ‘Everyday,’ he collaborated with popular rocker ‘Rod Stewart.’ ‘At. Long. Last. A$AP’ received positive reviews but nevertheless debuted at the top of the Billboard 200. His second successive commercial release, the album sold 116,000 copies in the United States and 11,000 copies in Canada.
- In 2016, Rocky teamed up with Guess to reintroduce the brand’s ’90s clothes, which he wore while he was younger. Later that same year, he collaborated with Alicia Keys on the song “Blended Family (What You Do for Love)” from her album “Here.”
- The next year, he sang on Lana Del Rey’s album “Lust For Life” on the tracks “Summer Bummer” and “Groupie Love.”
- Rocky launched his album ‘Testing’ in May 2018, which gained positive reviews from reviewers and fans alike. The album debuted at number four on the Billboard 200 in the United States in its first week, before finally falling off the charts.