Facts of Alyssa Edwards
|Full Name:||Alyssa Edwards|
|Net Worth:||$1 million – $5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Profession:||Drag Queen, choreographer, TV personality|
Alyssa Edwards is an American drag queen. Alyssa Edwards has won several gay pageant titles and appeared in TV shows, movies, and documentaries such as RuPaul’s Drag Race and Dancing Queen.
How old is Alyssa Edwards?
Justin Dwayne Lee Johnson goes by the stage name Alyssa Edwards. He was born on January 16, 1980, and he is now 40 years old. He is originally from Mesquite, Texas, a small Dallas suburb, and comes from a middle-class family. His mother’s name is Sherrie Johnson, and he has a sister named Tabatha. Other than Tabatha, Justin has six other siblings, the names of whom are unknown. His father’s name and occupation are also unknown.
Justin is an American by nationality, but his ethnicity is unknown. Justin also attended West Mesquite High School, which is located in his hometown. Aside from that, there is no information available about his family or education.
How did Alyssa get into drag?
As a child, Alyssa Milano was an active member of Who’s the Boss? This actor inspired Justin to choose his stage name later in life. When he was seven years old, his parents signed him up for a football league.
He preferred cheerleaders and the work they did, the way they looked, and the way they did their makeup over football games. Later, after injuring himself while playing football, Alyssa spent less time playing and more time observing the cheerleaders.
Furthermore, Alyssa noticed early on that he was different from the other boys his age. His mother was always supportive, and his uncle, a gay actor working at a theater in Texas, was also very supportive from a young age. Alyssa also frequently visited his uncle during his performances, and he was greatly influenced by these shows. Furthermore, Justin’s uncle was the first to notice Justin’s hidden talent and encouraged his parents to enroll him in dance classes.
Justin later began taking jazz dance lessons and developed an interest in dancing and choreography. He sat and watched other dancers for many hours before and after his classes. When he got home, he would practice feminine dance moves with his sisters. Justin was a teenager at the time, and he decided to pursue a career in drag.
Because the Texan society surrounding his hometown was not particularly progressive, he received a great deal of criticism from his parents and relatives. Justin, on the other hand, chose to disregard everything and pursue his dreams.
How much is Alyssa Edwards Net Worth?
Aside from winning several titles in Gay Pageants, Alyssa also won “The Wishful Same Award” at the WOWIE Awards in 2018. Alyssa has also won the hearts of viewers, finishing in sixth and fifth place on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
Alyssa’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 and $5 million. Alyssa’s net worth is influenced by his work as a choreographer, appearances in TV shows and movies, and ownership of his own dance studio. Alyssa also earns $22k to $80k as a choreographer.
Is Alyssa Edwards Dating someone or has a Husband?
Justin dated a man named in 2014. Through interviews, YouTube videos, and social media posts, he openly acknowledged his relationship. According to an interview with Elite Daily in October 2018, Justin is dating dance instructor Manny Silveyra. During an interview with WOWPresents, he also discussed wedding plans and looking great.
How tall is Alyssa Edwards?
Alyssa’s height is 5 feet 8 inches, but her exact weight and other body measurements such as chest-waist-hip, dress size, shoe size, and so on are unknown. Alyssa usually wears curly blonde wigs as a drag because Justin’s natural hair color is dark brown. Furthermore, Justin’s natural eye color is green.
Career line of Alyssa Edwards
- Alyssa Edwards is an American entertainer, choreographer, drag performer, and TV personality. Alyssa was a gifted dance instructor and accomplished performer in the drag pageantry scene before rising to international fame on the fifth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. On this show, Alyssa quickly became a fan favorite.
- Justin was chosen as one of 14 drag queens to compete in the fifth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race in 2012. There, he quickly became famous for his candid testimonials, outrageous tongue-pops, and quirky personality.
- Coco Montrese was one of her main competitors on the show. Coco was crowned “Miss Gay America 2010” after Alyssa was stripped of the title.
- Despite the fact that Alyssa was eliminated in the ninth episode, she finished sixth in the final ratings.
- Furthermore, because Alyssa was one of the most popular contestants on the show, she was invited to participate in the podcast RuPaul: Drag Race. What is the Tee?
- In 2016, Alyssa returned as one of ten contestants on Season 2 of RuPaul’s Drag Race: All-Stars. Here, too, he won the hearts of the audience and finished as the show’s fourth runner-up. With personal appearances and tours around the world, the Alyssa Edwards persona quickly became a household name in many countries.
- Justin divides his time between international bookings and teaching dance in his hometown. He performs for fans in North America, Europe, Asia, and Central and South America.
- Beyond Belief Dance Company, which Justin owns and runs, is also an award-winning dance studio. Dancing Queen, a Netflix Original docuseries, is centered on him and his dance studio. The docu-series was created by RuPaul and World of Wonder and is currently in its first season.
- Prior to all of this, Justin entered a gay bar for the first time at the age of 19 in Dallas, Texas. The atmosphere of the bar greatly influenced and inspired him. A few days later, Justin saw a poster for an amateur show and immediately decided to participate. Justin was already a talented dancer and theater actor by the time he auditioned for the show.
- Later, Justin met Laken Edwards, a popular drag queen, and received advice from him. Justin then took the first name “Alyssa” and the last name “Edwards,” thereby establishing his connection to the Haus of Edwards.