Facts of Anderson Cooper
|Full Name:||Anderson Cooper|
|Birthplace:||Manhattan, New York City,|
|Net Worth:||$110 million|
|Height:||5 feet 1 inches (1.55m)|
|Profession:||an American television journalist, author, and anchor|
|Sibling:||Carter Vanderbilt Cooper, Christopher Stokowski and Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski|
Anderson Cooper is an American television journalist, author, and anchor. Anderson Cooper is the primary news anchor of CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360.”
How old is Anderson Cooper?
Anderson Hays Cooper is an American television journalist who was born on June 3, 1967, in Manhattan, New York City, USA. In terms of age, he is 53 years old and born under the sign of Gemini. He is white-Caucasian. He was the youngest son of writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and artist, fashion designer, writer, and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt. Cooper was one of four boys in his family. Carter Vanderbilt Cooper was the eldest of the three brothers. Christopher Stokowski and Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski were his half-brothers.
His maternal great-great-great-grandfather was business magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt, who founded the well-known Vanderbilt shipping and railroad fortune. From a young age, he was exposed to his mother’s glamorous lifestyle and social circle. Diane Arbus photographed him for the cover of Harper’s Bazaar when he was a child. As a child model, he appeared in commercials for companies such as Macy’s and Ralph Lauren.
His father died during an open heart surgery operation in 1978, altering the course of his life. Another tragedy struck his family ten years later, when his brother, Carter, committed suicide by jumping from the 14th-floor window of their mother’s New York City apartment. Later, he relates the incident to his career as a news correspondent: “I became interested in questions of survival: why some people survive and others do not.” Covering wars seemed logical.”
Education of Anderson Cooper
In terms of his education, he attended the Dalton School, an exclusive, private Manhattan institution, in the early 1980s. After graduating from the Dalton School in 1985, he attended Yale University. Where he studied political science. Similarly, during this time, he interned with the CIA. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Yale in 1989. He also studied Vietnamese at the University of Hanoi.
How much does Anderson Cooper earn?
As a journalist and well-known television personality, he has received numerous honors over the years. In 2005, he received Peabody and National Headliner Awards for his coverage of the Indian Ocean tsunami. To name a few of his honors, he received an Edward R. Murrow Award in 2006 for his coral reef report and a GLAAD Media Award in 2013. He also found success as a writer, with his 2006 memoir, Dispatches from the Edge, about his experiences covering war and tragedy, becoming a New York Times bestseller.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the newsman has a net worth of around $110 million. He earns a large sum of money from his journalism career, which he began in 1992. He earns a yearly salary of $ 12 million from CNN.
Is Anderson Cooper straight?
Cooper is a gay man, which he revealed in July 2012. When it comes to his marital status, he is still single. He confirmed in early 2018 that he had separated from his long-term boyfriend Benjamin. Anderson told the Daily Mail that the news confirms months of speculation that the couple’s relationship was not going well.
After speculation that he had split from Benjamin, he was linked to Victor Lopez. When Victor posts a photo of Cooper and Lopez on Instagram, it confirms their relationship. According to Radar Online, the pair’s relationship ended in mid-2019. He is in a relationship with Andy Cohen after the break-up. From his Instagram photos, he recently announced the birth of his son Wyatt Cooper, who was born via surrogate on April 27th, 2020.
Cooper prefers to stay away from rumors and controversies. Furthermore, he is preoccupied with his professional career.
How tall is Anderson Cooper?
Cooper is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 68 kg, according to his body measurements. He has blue eyes and grey hair. His chest measurement is 40 inches, waist measurement is 32 inches, and bicep measurement is 14 inches.
Career line of Anderson Cooper
- Cooper began his news career as a fact-checker on Channel One after completing his educational career. The cable network that produces news segments that are broadcast in schools across the country. He became bored with his day-to-day work after a few months and decided to travel to Southeast Asia with a video camera.
- He captured footage of conflict in Myanmar and other parts of Africa, earning him the position of Channel One’s chief international correspondent.
- Cooper’s news reports quickly drew the attention of other news channel companies. In 1995, he was hired by ABC News as a correspondent and later as a co-anchor of World News Now. He left the show in 2000 to host a new ABC reality show, The Mole, because he was tired of the demanding schedule. After a year, on September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, he was forced to return to the news, and the following January month, CNN hired him as a correspondent and substitute anchor.
- CNN gave Cooper his own news show, “Anderson Cooper 360°,” in 2003. For nearly two decades, he examined the world’s major stories on the show. The show was a huge success for him, and he became a television celebrity as a result of it.
- His popularity propelled news reporting on various events such as Hurricane Katrina, the death of Pope John Paul II, and the Boston Marathon Bombing, as well as CNN’s political and election coverage.
- In 2006, he also began working with CBS’s 60 Minutes, for which he reports on topics such as the Mexican drug war, rape in Congo, and the deterioration of coral reefs off the coast of Cuba.
- Cooper launched his daytime talk show “Anderson” in September 2011. Later renamed “Anderson Live.” However, the show fails to make an impression on viewers and is cancelled less than two years later.
- Cooper has had more success as the host of CNN’s annual New Year’s Live special since 2002, with his friend Andy Cohen joining him for coverage beginning in 2017.