Facts of Ashley Frangipane
|Full Name:||Ashley Frangipane|
|Net Worth:||$12 million|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches|
|Profession:||Singer, Songwriter, Activist|
|Sibling:||Two (brothers Sevian and Dante)|
Ashley Frangipane is an American singer, songwriter, and activist best known as “Halsey.” Ashley Frangipane is well-known for her albums “Manic,” “Badlands,” “Room 93,” and “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom.” She is also known for songs such as “Bad at Love,” “You Should Be Sad,” “Graveyard,” and “11 Minutes.”
How old is Ashley Frangipane?
Ashley Frangipane was born on September 29, 1994, and she is now 25 years old. She is originally from Edison, New Jersey. Her full name is Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, but she is better known as Halsey. Ashley’s mother’s name is Nicole, and her father’s name is Chris. Her mother is an EMT, and her father owns a car dealership.
Furthermore, her parents dropped out of college after her mother became pregnant with her. Ashley’s mother is of Italian, Hungarian, and Irish ancestry. Similarly, her father is an African-American with Irish ancestry. Ashley also has two younger brothers, Sevian and Dante.
Ashley used to play the violin, viola, and cello when she was younger. She later switched to acoustic guitar when she was only 14 years old. Ashley’s family moved around a lot when she was a kid. It was because her parents worked multiple jobs.
Education of Ashley Frangipane
Ashley had attended six different schools by the time she was in her adolescence. Then She was bullied in high school and attempted suicide when she was 17 years old. This suicide attempt resulted in a 17-day hospital stay. As a result, her doctors diagnosed her as bipolar. Her mother also suffers from the same disorder.
Ashley graduated from Warren Hills Regional High School in 2012. This school is located in Washington, New Jersey. Ashley enrolled in the Rhode Island School of Design after graduating from high school. She did, however, withdraw from the school due to financial difficulties.
Instead, she went on to community college, where she eventually dropped out and was later evicted from her home. In relation to this incident, Ashley stated that many aspects of her personality were not shared by her family.
Ashley lived in a basement in lower Manhattan shortly after her family kicked her out of the family home. She lived with a gang of degenerate stoners she met through her then-lover.
If she wasn’t there, Ashley would stay in one of New York’s many homeless shelters or with her maternal grandmother. Ashley also considered prostitution as a way to make money. Ashley said of this time in her life:
I remember having $9 in my bank account and buying a four-pack of Red Bull to stay awake overnight for two or three days because it was less dangerous to not sleep than it was to sleep somewhere random and possibly be raped or kidnapped.
Who is Ashley Frangipane’s Girlfriend?
Ashley Frangipane is openly bisexual. She was in a relationship with Lido from 2015 to 2016. Lido is a Norwegian producer who worked with her on Badlands and inspired the album The Hopeless Fountain Kingdom.
Then, in 2017, Ashley began dating G-Eazy, an American rapper. The duo met at a party, and despite having different musical tastes, they found common ground for their collaboration Him & I. This song was about their love and way of life.
Unfortunately, the two parted ways in July 2018. However, their relationship was on and off until it was officially ended in September of the same year. Ashley later confirmed in a 2019 interview with Glamour that her October 2018 single Without Me is partly about her relationship with G-Eazy.
Ashley Frangipane began dating Yungblud in November 2018. They met in a bar in Los Angeles, talked about various topics, including music, and ended up working together on 11 Minutes. Ashley first confirmed her relationship with Yungblud in a Capital FM interview in March, and the two also celebrated his birthday together. However, in September of the same year, the two called it quits.
Ashley later went on to date Evan Peters in September 2019. There were rumors that the couple split up in March 2020. Following the rumors, Ashley deleted all of her Instagram posts featuring the actor. Then, in June, she confirmed their split by liking a tweet about it.
Ashley started using recreational drugs after being diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Ashley also claimed that the disorder caused her to be an outcast as a child. Similarly, when Ashley was 17, she became romantically involved with a man who was 24 years old. The man lived on Halsey Street in Brooklyn, and it was there that she began to write music. She stated, ”
That’s where I first started writing music and felt like I was a part of something bigger than my small town in the middle of nowhere New Jersey. Halsey is a manifestation of all the exaggerated parts of myself, so it’s like an alter ego.
Ashley was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2016, and she made the news public through her Twitter account. Ashley went on stage to perform during a tour just hours after discovering she was having a miscarriage. She did so because she didn’t want to jeopardize her career by missing a performance.
Similarly, Ashley discussed her battle with endometriosis on The Doctors in April 2018 and again in Blossom Ball the following year. Ashley revealed on The Doctors that she was going to freeze her eggs.
Similarly, during her time at Blossom Ball, Ashley revealed that she wanted to speak out because the media frequently portrays her as someone in perfect physical health despite her struggle with endometriosis. Ashley underwent an undisclosed surgery in January 2017 to relieve the pain caused by endometriosis.
In response to Ashley’s tweet on July 29, 2019, a fan inquired if she was gluten-free. She responded by revealing that she was gluten intolerant. Furthermore, in less than t
Career line of Ashley Frangipane
- Ashley Frangipane is better known as Halsey. She is a singer, songwriter, and activist. She gained attention through self-released music on social media platforms, and she later signed with Astralwerks in 2014.
- The following year, Ashley released her debut EP. Room 93 is the name of her debut EP.
- Ashley has had one number-one album on the Billboard 200 since then, with the studio album “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom,” which was released in 2017. She also has two number-two albums, Badlands in 2015 and Manic in 2020.
- Ashley has also had two number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100. Closer and Without Me are included. Closer is a collaboration with “The Chainsmokers.” Ashley Frangipane also has a top-five single with Bad at Love.
- She has sold over a million albums and has been streamed over six billion times in the United States.
- She also headlined tours in support of all three of her studio albums. Ashley Frangipane is also well-known for her distinctive singing voice.
- She has also received four Billboard Music Awards, one American Music Award, one GLAAD Media Award, three Guinness World Records, an MTV Video Music Award, and two Grammy Award nominations.
- Ashley has also participated in suicide prevention awareness, sexual assault victim advocacy, and racial justice protests outside of her professional career. Ashley’s net worth is estimated to be around $12 million.
- Ashley was chastised for pre-fame tweets from 2009 to 2012, and she was also chastised for allegedly calling herself a “tri-bi” in an interview. Tri-bi stands for biracial, bipolar, and bisexual, which she is.
- During her early career, Ashley was best known for her signature dyed blue hair.
- Then, in 2016, she sparked controversy once more after several fan interactions, which included Ashley kissing underage fans.
- Later that month, in June 2017, she faced backlash for collaborating with Quavo. Quavo is a rapper who has made homophobic remarks.
- Ashley Frangipane has also described herself as a “in-between role model” and a “inconvenient woman” due to her music and style. She also revealed in 2017 that while she appears white, she is actually a black woman who is proud of her heritage.
- Ashley has appeared on the covers of magazines such as Billboard, Paper, and Playboy, to name a few. Ashley Frangipane has also appeared in commercials for Jeep, Beats Electronics, ModCloth, and others.
- Ashley has also been referred to as a feminist icon and the “voice of her generation.” Furthermore, Ashley’s relationship with rapper G-Eazy drew significant media attention due to rumors of drug use, arrest, cheating, and G-feuds Eazy’s with other artists.
- Ashley Frangipane has also long been identified as an alternative artist. She, like Kendrick Lamar, has stated that she can do pop collaborations without being considered a pop artist.
- Ashley also stated that she is only classified as pop because she is a woman.
- Some of her songs are still classified as pop, while others are classified as alternative.
- Then, in 2019, she dubbed herself “the anti-pop star” and stated that she doesn’t care how people identify her music as long as it connects with them.