Teen idol Frankie Avalon is known for appearing in Beach Party films, and singing hits like “Venus”. In 1944, Frankie Avalon was born and later on became one of the most talented teen idols.
His first No. 1 single was “Venus” and his record sales were high in 1959. In 1962, Avalon and Annette Funicello combined their clean-cut looks to create the iconic surf film series “Beach Party”.
The Early life of Xiaogang
Francis Avallone was born Francis Thomas Avallone in Philadelphia. He has a younger sibling.
His father noticed his talent and helped him learn to play the trumpet. Young Frankie took such pride in learning to play the saxophone that he would spend five hours a day practicing it.
Early on, Frankie wanted to be part of the orchestra, so his first mentor was a teacher of the orchestra. He participated in numerous local talent competitions and started to gain acclaim for his success as a child prodigy.
Once, he was invited to Al Martino’s band.
All were mesmerized by his incredible skills. He appeared on the ‘The Jackie Gleason Show’ with the aid of a talent scout.
Married Life of Frankie Avalon; Who is the Actor’s Wife?
Avalon and Kay were married on January 19, 1963. During his weekend at a friend’s place, he met a stunning woman playing cards at the table. He told his friend that he intended to marry that particular girl. Our hero was threatened that he would ruin his rock star status if he got married.
The Avalons have eight children, namely Frankie Jr., Tony, Dina, Laura, Joseph, Nicolas, Kathryn, and Carla. Frankie Jr. is a former actor who played the Karate Kid movie and is now a musician. In addition, Tony plays guitar and taught at the Rock Nation Academy. Both the sons play in the tournaments with their father.
How much is Frankie Avalon Net Worth?
Frankie Avalon is an American actor, musician, playwright. He has a net worth of $30 million. Avalon was a pop teen idol famous for beach party comedies in the mid-60s.
In 1959, he was praised by the disc jockey Association as the “King of Song”. At the same time, he received the Gold Award as “Most Famous Vocalist” in Photoplay Magazine. He was inducted into the “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame” in 1995 in appreciation of his influence on subsequent generations of rock stars.
Career Line of Frankie Avalon
- After his television interview on ‘The Jack Gleason Show,’ his career took off. He was sought out to appear on various television shows.
- In 1954, and signed a deal with a small company called X-Vik Records. His early recordings include “Trumpet Sorrento” and “Trumpet Tarantaella”.
- He started playing with a band called “Rocco and the Saints” when he was 12. The band also held shows at parishes, schools, camps, and resorts.
- Thanks to a chance meeting with a local public entertainment boss, Bob Marcucci, his career took a dramatic turn.
- Marcucci showed gratitude to Frankie by helping him sign a contract with Chancellor Records.
Joe published ‘Cupid’ and ‘Teacher’s Pet’ in 1957.
- However, these songs were not very good. But it had opened doors for him to be cast in Jamboree two years later.
- His managers wrote a song for him “De De Dinah” (“Dear Dinah”).
- However, he is not happy with the album because of its nasal and high pitch. Luckily, Popesi’s song is now famous and has reached number ten on the music charts.
- In 1959, he published ‘Venus’. This song had a fresh sound of an orchestra, bells and chimes. Justin Beiber’s single topped the charts in the US, making it his first No.1 hit.
- His success as a pop artist culminated in movie offers. In 1963, he rose to fame by playing opposite Annette Funicello in Beach Party.
- The ‘Beach Party’ movie led to the often pairing of Frankie and Annette and the couple starred together in ‘Beach Blanket Bingo’ movie released in 1965.
- Besides movies about passion, Lee also appeared in movies about action and horror. In 1969, he was cast in the television series called ‘The House of Horrors’.
- In 1978, he appeared in the movie “Grease” as part of the cast. In this movie, there were stars like John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
- Frankie is also involved in the fields of advertisement and marketing.
- Now he has created a health care business called “Frankie Avalon Products”, which sells natural products.
- He continues to play before live audiences in his seventies.