Fortnite Voice Chat does not work: Fortnite chat not working is leaving players with no option to coordinate with their teammates. There has been a long-standing cry on the internet regarding fixing voice chat issues in Fortnite.
If you have just discovered that your microphone is no longer working at parties, don’t worry because you are not alone. Epic Games is still trying to fix this issue that is causing ongoing problems for players. The problem is becoming more and more common, as more and more users go out every day and recognize that Fornite voice chat not working.
Unfortunately, there is still no official statement or arrangement released by the company. But with trial and error method, I have found some alternative methods to help you with this problem. However, I can’t claim that these fixes are going to make voice chat work for you, but it’s worth a try rather than sitting on the sidelines.
What is Fortnite Battle Royale about?
The battle royale is a relatively new game genre in which there is a single objective: to be the last alive . Fortnite Battle Royale is, in broad strokes, precisely that: up to a hundred players parachute onto a huge island , and only one can remain standing . If we die, it’s game over for us . We will get a score based on our eliminations and the players who are still alive.
To force the players to meet and therefore there is action – and eliminations -, a huge storm engulfs the island , randomly, and is reducing health to the players who are on it. Both the weapons and the objects that we find are always random , so that no two games are the same , this being one of the keys to their success.
- Taking this simple formula as a base, the main game modes within Fortnite Battle Royale are the following :
- In Solitaire : up to 100 players fight to survive on the island. Only the last survivor is victorious.
- Duets : up to 100 players fight to survive on the island, although there is the possibility of playing alone or in small teams of two players maximum. Only the last player or duo alive will be victorious.
- Squads : up to 100 players fight to survive on the island, although there is the possibility of playing alone, or in small teams of up to four players maximum. Only the last player or squad alive will be victorious.
These are the standard game modes, in which all the additional Fortnite Battle Royale options are enabled , such as cars . In addition to these ways of playing Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode, from time to time there are extra game modes, called Limited Time Modes .
One of the most popular, and one that is here to stay, is Team Fight , in which two teams of up to twenty players compete against each other to be the first to reach an elimination limit . Luckily, in this game mode we can reappear indefinitely after being eliminated , which makes it very attractive for when we want to complete Fortnite challenges.
How to Fix Fortnite Voice Chat does not Work
It is strange that with each patch implemented, the problem is emerging, with more and more players reporting that they cannot hear their teammates and vice versa.
Reportedly, the problem of the Fornite voice chat is becoming more prominent in the Windows PC platform and devices. Although not restricted to a single platform, even Xbox users have found that they cannot hear anything through the microphone.
As the root cause is still unknown to us, there is nothing we can do to fix the problem other than to make sure everything works fine on our ends. So before you reach out to try advanced things, do the basics first.
Try signing out of Fornite at first and then signing again to see if the number is missing or waiting for you. If it’s still there, go ahead with the methods below.
Method 1: Deal with the headset
Making sure the headset is working well is the first place you should start trying to troubleshoot the problem. Unplug the headset and plug it back in again. Check the volume buttons and make sure you have not pressed the mute button that appears on the headset.
You have to test the mic by checking it on other platforms to make sure it’s not causing problems elsewhere, that means the mic is working fine. On the other hand, if you are using a wireless headset, check if it has stable connectivity with the connected device.
And if you check all the boxes as mentioned, it means that the microphone itself is not the reason why you cannot voice chat with your fellow players in Fortnite.
Method 2: Fortnite audio settings
Navigate to the game settings and turn voice chat on and off a few times. By doing this, he would reset those settings and in some cases, it is likely to solve the problem. For some users, it only worked as a temporary fix, as if they had to turn voice chat off and on after every game. Below are the steps if you have no idea how to do it.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right corner and tap the gear icon to open the game settings.
- At the top, click the speaker icon and under Toggles turn off voice chat and click Apply .
- Salga de Fornite.
- Launch it again and activate voice chat and see if it works or not.
Method 3: Set up Windows audio
Are you sure you haven’t messed up your PC’s audio settings? If you are not sure, follow the steps mentioned.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the lower-right corner and select Sounds.
- Click on the Playback tab and choose the Speaker / Headphone you are using and tap on Set Default .
- Now, click on the Recording tab and choose the Microphone you are using and click on Set Default followed by OK .
You can also check if it works well by speaking into the microphone while noticing the green bar fluctuating while making a sound.
Enable access to applications:
In Windows, we even have audio settings that allow us to allow applications of our choice to access the microphone. So here in this method, you have to make sure that Fornite has the proper permission to use the mic and it shouldn’t be blocked.
- Press Windows Logo + I, and the Windows settings page will open.
- Click on Privacy and in the left panel under App permissions click on Microphone .
- Activate On the general access of the application to the microphone and then scroll down and under the list of applications look for Fornite and make sure the status is On.
Method 4: Install the latest patch
The developers are releasing new patches from time to time to remove the previous bugs that are preventing Fornite from working properly. Although, many users have experienced that the bug fixes itself after updating the Fortnite. This is why it is important to get the latest patch whenever it is available.
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher
- Click on Library and then click on the gear icon in the lower right corner of Fornite.
- Activate in the Auto-update option .
- Close it and restart the launcher. So if a new patch is found, it will automatically download and install.
Now join your team and see if voice chat works or not.
Method 5: Update the audio drivers
Outdated sound drivers have been one of the main causes of audio failure. It is always worth updating your drivers to avoid unwanted problems. You can do this by simply browsing to the manufacturer’s website and looking for the hardware model and version of Windows you are using and checking if they have any newer drivers available for your sound card. And if so, update it immediately.
Method 6: Restart Windows Audio Service
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter services.msc into the box and press OK .
- In “Services (local)” go to the Windows Audio option and click on it.
- Click Restart and close the window.
Launch Fortnite and test your voice chat again. After doing all the mentioned methods, if the problem persists, then there is probably something wrong with the technical purpose of Fortnite. You can check out the official Fortnite Discord site, Fornite Subreddits, and QNA to see what other players are saying about it. Lastly, if nothing seems to work on your end, simply uninstall Fortnite and reinstall it.
I hope it helps you get Fornite voice chat working again. Let me know in the comment box below which method has worked for you. If you face any problem in fixing the mic issues of fortnite, you can comment the problem which you are facing in the comment section below. We will answer your question and try to solve it as soon as possible. Share the article with your friends & family at social networking sites. Stay tuned to Latest Explore for more interesting guides on fixes and many more topics.