Facts of Jonny Lee Miller:
|Full Name:||Jonny Lee Miller|
|Net Worth:||$14 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Kids:||One (Buster Timothy Miller-2008)|
Jonny Lee Miller is an English actor (film, theatre, and television). Jonny Lee Miller rose to prominence for his portrayal of Simon “Sick Boy” Williamson in the dark comedy-drama film Trainspotting (1996). In addition, he received critical acclaim for his roles in Afterglow, Mansfield, Endgame, and other films.
How old is Jonny Lee Miller?
Jonny Lee Miller was born on November 15, 1972, in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, and is now 47 years old. He grew up in southwest London. His parents, Anna Lee and Alan Miller are both stage actors. Notably, his grandfather (Bernard Lee) appeared in the first eleven James Bond films. Because it is so obvious, he became interested in pursuing a career as an actor. However, there is no information about his siblings. Miller is of British nationality and of English-Scottish ethnicity.
Miller, a sickly child, attended Tiffin School and even appeared in several school plays. After finishing his GCSEs, he left school at the age of sixteen to pursue a career in acting.
How much is the Net worth of Jonny Lee Miller?
The English actor charges $100,000 per episode of a TV show. He will eventually earn $1 million per year from his on-screen appearances. Lee’s estimated net worth in 2020 is $14 million, according to celebrity net worth. Miller was nominated several times during his long career. He was nominated for a Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Television Series twice.
Similarly, in 2010, he was nominated for the London Film Critics Circle Award for Best British Actor of the Year, as well as the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. Jonny Lee Miller and Ruth Wilson pose with their awards at the 2012 Olivier Awards at The Royal Opera House on April 15, 2012, in London, England.
Who is the Wife of Jonny Lee Miller?
Lee’s path to married relationships was difficult, but he eventually found peace. In fact, he married twice in his life. On March 28, 1996, he married Angelina Jolie, a famous actress. The marriage did not last long, as the couple divorced after only 18 months of marriage (2000).
In July 2008, he married his second love, Michele Hicks, in Malibu, California. According to reports, the pair first met at a local bar through a mutual friend. They finally walked down the aisle after knowing each other for a long time. This couple has a son named Buster Timothy Miller (2008). Jonny previously dated Kate Moss (2004), Lisa Faulkner (2001–2002), Natalie Appleton (1999–2000), and Jennifer Esposito.
Model/actress Michele Hicks, Jonny Lee Miller, and son Buster attend the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’s “Kids 4 Kid” Family Festival at Chelsea Piers Field House on September 27, 2014, in New York City. The New York Times is the source. Miller leads a clean personal and professional life. He hasn’t been involved in any scandals so far. He has kept his life free of difficulties.
How tall is Jonny Lee Miller?
The British actor is fairly tall, standing 5′ 11” tall and weighing 78 kg. He also has dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Career Line of Jonny Lee Miller
- Jonny Miller’s career began with television appearances in the BBC series Doctor Who.
- He was nine at the time.
- Lee went on to appear in many shows over the years, including Mansfield Park, Keeping Up Appearances, Inspector Morse, and Minder.
- He began his film career in 1992 with a lesser-known film called ‘Dead Romantic.’
- He then appeared in ‘Bad Company’ in 1993 and ‘Meat’ in 1994.
- His first big break came in the 1995 film ‘Hackers.’
- Similarly, Miller appeared in an episode of the BBC’s modernization of The Canterbury Tales in 2003.
- Then there was Smith on CBS, which was canceled after seven episodes. He starred in the ABC comedy-drama Eli Stone, which aired for two seasons.
- This show earned him a Satellite Award nomination for Best Actor. In addition, he appeared as a guest star in Dexter. Later, he appeared in Elementary alongside Lucy Lui.
- In addition, he co-starred with Angelina Jolie in the 1995 film Hackers. Soon after, he was cast in the film Trainspotting as ‘Sick Boy.’ He was praised and thanked.
- He also appeared in another critically acclaimed film, ‘Afterglow.’ Many film festivals around the world screened the film.
- Jonny played Jeffrey Byron in this film.
- After his initial success, Jonny became pickier about the films he chose. Jonny wanted to establish himself as a versatile actor, so he appeared in some unconventional films.
- In 1999, he starred in the British historical comedy Plunkett & Macleane.
- Jonny played the titular role of Macleane in this film.
- The same year, he appeared in Mansfield Park, which was another success story for Jonny. Jonny starred as Edmund Bertram in the romantic comedy-drama. It was a leading role, and the film was a box office success.
- In the year 2000, he appeared in Dracula 2000’s Complicity, Love, Honour, and Obey. In 2005, he was considered for the James Bond role, which eventually went to Daniel Craig. The following year, Miller portrayed cyclist Graeme Obree in The Flying Scotsman.
- Jonny has also appeared in films such as The Escapist, Byron, and Mindhunters. Soon after, Woody Allen offered him a role in his 2004 film Melinda and Melinda.
- Despite receiving mixed reviews from critics, the film was a box-office success. Many publications that reviewed the film praised Jonny’s performance as Lee.