Facts of Keith Thurman
|Birth Date:||November 23, 1988|
|Birth Place:||Clearwater, Florida, United States|
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Father’s Name:||Keith Thurman, Sr.|
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches|
|Mother’s Name:||Debbie Thorsen|
|Net Worth:||$10 Million|
|Nick Name:||One Time|
|Siblings:||A brother and a sister|
|Wife’s Name:||Priyana Thapa|
Keith Thurman is a professional American boxer. He’s a former unified world champion. From 2015 to 2019, he held the WBA title. Keith considered one of the hardest punchers in the world weight division well known as ‘One Time’ and was a resigned World Boxing Champion (WBC) between 2017 and 2018.
Early Life of Keith Thurman
Professional Boxer, Keith Thurman entered this earth on November 23, 1988, as Keith Fitzgerald Thurman Jr. He was born in Clearwater, Florida. His parents’ father African-American and his mother a European-American of Polish and Hungarian descent.
As of 2019, his age is 31 years old along with his birth sign Sagittarius. Keith holds an American nationality & belongs to a mixed ethnical background. He had taken his training from the late Benjamin Getty who was a good friend of Sugar Ray Leonard.
Similarly, Keith has a bulky body with an appealing figure. He stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches i.e 170 cm. Additionally, he weighs around 66.82 kg i.e 147 lbs.
Who is the wife of Keith Thurman?
He’s a happily married man, Keith Thurman. The wife of Keith Thurman is Priyana Thapa. The couple met in a Tokyo, Japan nightclub in 2016. She worked in her father’s Tokyo nightclub. At first sight, he fell in love and a whirlwind romance began.
He spent a great deal of his time in Tokyo with his girlfriend. The Boxer, Keith, and She said yes. He then returned to Nepal to meet her parents. According to Nepali culture, he formally asked for her hand with her parents.
“On our first date it was her birthday,” Thurman told USA Today. “And I said, ‘Allow me to celebrate your birthday with you.’ I just wanted her company, and I felt complete…it’s like a gift. I never thought it would happen, but it just did. After our first date, she stole my heart.” “If you give her one ounce of kindness, she gives you back four,” Thurman added in a piece posted by the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) website. “I love everything about her.”
Keith and Priyana have dated for a long time before they finally decided to tie a knot in the native country of Thurman’s wife, Nepal. The couple exchanged wedding vows on June 30, 2017, in Kathmandu, Nepal. The couple married in Nepali culture and their wedding ceremony took place at a hotel in Kathmandu.
It was attended by family members and close friends. The couple has not shared kids despite being married for two years. He regularly shares a picture of his wife, Priyana, on his social account, which suggests that he is in deep love with her.
Married with Nepalese Native Girlfriend in Nepali Culture
The couple’s wedding ceremony was held in a traditional Nepalese way in the presence of their family. In their marriage, the couple added a flavor of the typical Nepali musical instrument in their wedding.
The couple seems to be satisfied with their marital status. Their marriage ceremony held in the capital city of Nepal. Interestingly, he married his girlfriend Priyana in Nepali culture.
Career Line of Keith Thurman
- Thurman began his amateur career in his early teenage years. He was nine years old when he fought his amateur division game for the first time.
- He entered the ring with the help of his coach, Benjamin Getty. Keith’s boxing commitment led him to win his first match in his career as a boxer.
- He became unstoppable after that. In addition, he opened up as a little boy in the boxing field and became a world champion. One Time did not stop in his boxing career after 1997. He won back to matches. He won 29 matches in a total of 31.
- But he didn’t play one, and his first-ever defeat with Manny Pacquiao in 2019 was a match. It was one of history’s most-watched boxing games. In 2007, Keith began his professional career. When he entered the ring, he was 18 years old. The match took place in Tampa, Florida. Keith’s opponent was an unbeatable boxer, Kensky Rodney.
- A first-timer would usually lose the match. But Keith surprised the crowd and won the game. Surprisingly, he won the 1st round match. His opponent could not stand, and the arbitrator announced the winner to him.
- Afterward, Keith ran with Omar Bell, an undefeated Super Featherweight World Champion. In the sixth round, he knocked Onar and declared himself a winner.
- After 2007, Dan Birmingham began coaching Thurman. Thurman has won numerous titles under his coaching, including the WBA (Super) Welterweight.
- He said in an interview with ESPN that Birmingham is his greatest motivation for winning.
- Birmingham also trained Jeff Lacy, the 2001 American Olympian. Lacy won the IBF Super Middleweight World Title under Birmingham’s training.
- Thurman and his coach Dan are strongly linked. They train for the boxing matches rigorously. However, he also respects and finds him a source of motivation for his former coach Kensky Rodney.