Get ready for a compensating vocation as an optional teacher with the functional experience presented through a Master of Teaching degree Melbourne. You will gain a lot of work experience that will prepare you for the world of teaching.
A master of a teaching programme for university graduates who seek to begin a rewarding career in education. This course provides you with an in-depth knowledge of the theory and the practical skills required for teaching. Your experience in the subject, along with this sought-after teaching degree, will see you find great success in the global teaching community.
You’ll be prepared to work as a secondary teacher in the subject of your choice including:
Business, computing, creativity and the arts, English, health, languages other than English, maths, music, outdoor education, physical education, psychology, technology, teaching English as a second language, science, student welfare, among others.
You’ll also be able to pursue careers in a range of education-related industries and organisations with a Master of Teaching Melbourne degree that could include:
- Special-education teacher
- Educational publishing editor or writer.
- A museum or gallery educator
- Corporate learning and development
- Education-supply liaison officer
- An outdoor education specialist
- Student welfare officer.
Master of Teaching Melbourne Programme
- It takes 2 years if done on a full-time basis and 4 years on a part-time basis.
- It is available to domestic and international students alike.
- The Summer Intake starts in February and the mid-year intake starts in July.
This is for students with no teaching qualification or experience in the field.
200 points of coursework.
Year 1 consists of four compulsory subjects and four specialisation subjects/electives.Students must complete the 4 compulsory subjects first in semester 1, before their specialisation subjects or electives.
Year 2 consists of six electives or specialisation subjects and one capstone professional project subject.
Students can choose upto two specialisation in the program.
Throughout the duration of the degree, you will foster a solid knowledge of education theory while being given the opportunity to apply this learning practically. This emphasis on the application of knowledge will help with movement in your job or advancement to places of administration and the board in the education field.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the most recent educational developments and gain the ability to move beyond the classroom and explore real-world challenges.
Career Prospects in the Master of Teaching Melbourne Course
The Master of Teaching Melbourne offers professional learning for teachers in a wide range of subjects, including early childhood, primary teaching, secondary teaching, tertiary, vocational education, and adult education.
In this course, you will develop deep knowledge and understanding of educational theory and practise in various areas of education. You’ll also be exposed to the latest research that is driving changes in policy and practise in education. The course is designed for professionals who seek to move into
- leadership or management positions in educational institutions.
- Roles and responsibilities in policymaking in government and non-government organisations
- Specialist and coordination roles
- Roles in professional development and capacity building in educational, workplace, and community settings
- other educational or training settings.