Indispensable in any electrical installation, industrial electrical panels control the electrical power that comes from the network and protect the circuits that complete the installation. They are thus in charge of reducing the risk of overloads and short circuits, and ultimately, of guaranteeing the proper functioning of the installation.
Its function is very important for any industrial company. Therefore, updating and fine-tuning the industrial electrical panels of the facilities is key. In this way we will not only avoid risks, but we can also enjoy greater energy efficiency.
Read more small cardboard display boxes
What functions do industrial electrical cabinets have?
We can all get a slight idea of what they are for, but really, what functions do industrial electrical cabinets have?
- The industrial electrical panel is in charge of managing the adequate electrical power of each of the different devices that are going to be connected to the electrical network.
- On the other hand, it contains fuses, magneto thermic and differential protections that protect the different circuits that make up the installation.
- It minimizes the risk of overloads and / or short circuits in an electrical installation in the industrial sector, as well as the dangers arising from a possible overload.
- It is in charge of supervising the correct operation of the different equipment that intervenes in a chain of industrial processes.
- It offers service and allows maneuvers related to the equipment that make up said process.
What types of industrial electrical panels are there?
Generally, in any home or commercial premises we find a single electrical panel, which is called the main electrical panel. But, given that the demands of the industrial sector are much higher, in addition to the main one, there are other types of industrial electrical panels:
They are responsible for managing the correct power for the equipment, as well as for the machinery that will be connected to the panel. In addition, they protect the circuits into which the installation is divided, using fuses, differentials and circuit breakers.
The electrical control panels manage a process, which can be more or less complex, by means of one or more PLCs (programmable logic controllers). In addition, they usually incorporate some type of human-machine interface, such as a touch screen and / or a pulsator. On the other hand, the capacity to connect to the network of these panels is increasing enormously, allowing to carry out support and maintenance tasks remotely, quickly and efficiently.
They are those electrical panels that, through wired logic, control a process in a relatively simple way. They generally incorporate pressure switches, thermostats, timers, etc.
These are the main ones, but in addition, there are other types of industrial electrical panels:
- Electronics boxes.
- Server tables.
- Protection boxes.
- Motor control panels.
Obviously, not all companies in the industrial sector require all these electrical panels, but depending on the type of industry they will need one or the other, or several. For this reason, the dimensions of industrial electrical cabinets are much higher than those of a conventional electrical cabinet.
The importance of updating and fine-tuning industrial electrical cabinets. Advantages for your company
Once we are clear about the essential role they play in the industrial sector, updating and fine-tuning industrial electrical cabinets is very important. This concept is known as “retrofitting”, which is the term used to talk about the reform or renovation of equipment, machines or systems.
Why? Because the update, as well as the correct assembly and maintenance of an industrial electrical panel will avoid problems both in the short and long term. This guarantees good operation at all times. It also helps to effectively identify any possible breakdown, before it is too late.
In order to support energy sobriety policies, the government has put in place aid for individuals who wish to equip themselves or renovate their homes.
It is important to note that to benefit from public aid, an individual must call on a service provider who has the RGE label (Recognized Guarantor of the Environment). It is possible to search for these providers on the platform set up by the State services.
Advantages of updating and fine-tuning the facilities
- Risk reduction due to accidents derived from electrical causes.
- Savings in maintenance costs.
- Greater optimization of energy consumption.
- Adaptation of the electrical installation to current regulations.
- Increase in the value of the company.
- Higher productivity.
- Reduction of periods of inactivity.
- Fast and safe return on investment.
How to update an industrial electrical panel?
- Disassembly of the old electrical panel.
- Disconnection from the general network.
- Removal of the old electrical panel.
- Placement of the new electrical panel.
- Connection of the new electrical panel to the general network.
In order to multiply the positive effects of these renovations and the acquisition of energy-producing equipment, individuals use digital tools to manage their consumption
System Protection –one of the best Power System Analysis company in India