Dark circles are a common problem for both men and women. with the appearance of dark circles under the eyes which is darker than the other skin on the face And some people may have problems with bags under the eyes which makes their faces look tired, tired and look older. Even dark circles under the eyes are often not caused by serious diseases. But it can cause us to feel stressed and lose our confidence.
Always make sure to keep your face clean,. and choose to use skin care products, and cleansing foam by facelabs.co.th
Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by a number of reasons. both inadequate rest skin changes with age heredity and other factors if understanding the causes of dark circles under the eyes. It will help prevent and deal with problems under the dark eyes for better results.
What causes dark circles under the eyes?
Did you know that dark under-eye circles are not caused by little rest or tiredness alone? But there are many factors that cause dark circles on the skin under the eyes. which includes the following factors
– Fatigue and stress
Overuse of eyesight and sleep problems, including sleep deprivation, insufficient sleep, insufficient sleep or even too much sleep It may be the cause of dark circles under the eyes. by causing the capillaries under the skin around the eyes to expand thus causing noticeable dark circles Because the skin under the eyes looks thinner than other skin.
In addition, fatigue and stress can cause bags under the eyes to rise. which is caused by congestion of fluid under the lower eyes causing the skin in such areas to bulge up into bags under the eyes
when getting older skin becomes thinner Makes the capillaries under the skin around the eyes clearly visible. Therefore, it can be seen as dark circles under the eyes. In addition, fat and collagen under the skin will gradually decompose, causing the skin under the eyes to sag and form bags under the eyes. which makes under the eyes look darker from the shadow of the bags under the eyes
– Darker skin pigment
Dark circles under the eyes may be caused by the production of melanin (Melanin) or the pigment in the skin under the eyes increased. which may be caused by exposure to strong sunlight and various skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis and contact dermatitis from exposure to substances such as soaps and skin creams This causes redness, dry skin, and itching. If you scratch or rub your eyes often May cause puffy eyes and dark circles under the eyes.
Dark circles under the eyes are one of the most common symptoms in allergy sufferers. Which is more common in people with air allergies (Allergic Rhinitis) when exposed to airborne allergens. The body secretes histamine in response to foreign substances. It causes allergic reactions such as stuffy nose, runny nose, and dilates the blood vessels under the eyes. Therefore, the skin under the eyes is visible as a darker color.
In addition, Allergic Conjunctivitis may be another cause of problems under the eyes. By causing allergic patients to have red, itchy, swollen eyes and cause frequent rubbing of their eyes. It makes the dark under the eyes more intense.
– Other reasons
Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by other reasons, such as heredity. This may cause some people to have dark circles under the eyes since childhood. hormonal changes Some nutritional deficiencies, dehydration, smoking and drinking alcohol including receiving certain drugs such as NSAIDs and drugs used for chemotherapy, etc.
How to deal with dark under eye problems
Dark circles under the eyes are not difficult to manage. They may use simple techniques that can be done by yourself as follows:
– Get enough rest. Adolescents aged 14–17 should sleep 8–10 hours a day; adults aged 18–64 should sleep 7–9 hours a day. And people over 65 should get 7–8 hours of sleep per day. and adjust behaviors such as waking up and going to bed at the same time every day Avoid eating caffeinated or alcoholic beverages near bedtime. to sleep better
– Use a pillow under the head to support the head higher. This will reduce the congestion of fluid under the eyes. and prevent swelling of the eyes
– Cold compress around the eyes This will help reduce swelling. Causing the capillaries under the eyes to shrink and reduce the problem under the dark eyes by using a stainless steel chilled spoon ice wrapped towel Or a damp cloth with cold water to compress the eye for 20 minutes, and repeat once the spoon and towel have cooled.
– Compress the eyes with tea bags. Use green or black tea bags that have been soaked in hot water and then squeezed out. Refrigerate for 15–20 minutes. Place the tea bag on your eyelids for 10–15 minutes, then rinse with clean water.
– Apply eye cream Choose products that contain vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E, or natural ingredients like caffeine. Aloe Vera and almond oil This reduces puffiness and helps to brighten the skin around the eyes.
– Use cosmetics such as concealer (Concealer) to help cover up dark circles under the eyes. by choosing the color of the product to be close to the actual skin tone to make the concealment look natural
– Wear sunglasses when going out. In addition to reducing the occurrence of dark under-eye problems from exposure to UV rays (UV), it also helps prevent wrinkles around the eyes.
– Treat skin diseases and allergies that cause dark circles under the eyes By consulting a doctor and using medication to treat the symptoms of the disease. This will help reduce the symptoms of dark circles under the eyes.
If you take care of yourself with these methods and the dark circles under the eyes have not faded. You may consult your doctor for other treatments such as Laser Therapy, Chemical Peels, and Lower Lid Blepharoplasty.
Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by many reasons. Both lifestyle behavior, age, heredity, or symptoms of some congenital disease If you understand the cause of dark circles under the eyes This will help you better deal with the problem of dark circles under the eyes. You should see your doctor for a proper examination and treatment.