Players in Poland find themselves looking for licensed casinos that allow them to play. Due to Poland’s restricted gambling laws, players find it simpler to invest in offshore casinos as they are more lenient with their rewards and entry conditions. However, Polish players are not exempt from verifying their identities in the casinos.
“Idealnie byłoby, gdyby polscy gracze nie mieli problemów z weryfikacją KYC w kasyno internetowe, jeśli tylko mają w ręku swoje dokumenty.” – that’s what our expert gambler Klara Czerwińska has to say about the process. The author writes in detail explaining the process to any new players who want to test their luck at online casinos along with how Bitcoin revolutionized online casinos.
What Is the Purpose of KYC?
‘Know Your Customer’ is a process where online casinos verify your identification before releasing your winnings. This normally requires you to provide them with proof of your identity, such as a copy of your driver’s license.
While gambling in land-based casinos, your winnings will be issued as soon as you provide your identification at the cashier window. The in-person meeting validates the players and their identity cards immediately, but what will online casinos do where personal interaction is sadly lacking?
Casino online security experts have found new ways of verifying your identity. Once you’ve registered at a casino, you’ll only have to go through this process once and maybe when you make large withdrawals.
But Why Is This Important?
KYC at the online casino serves three purposes:
- Preventing the involvement of minors in gaming. The casino operator can prevent underage gamblers from accessing their site by requiring them to submit a legitimate ID and proof of their address, such as a bank statement or utility bill.
- Preventing the development of gambling addiction. It is common for casinos to ask for information about a player’s financial sources and conduct a survey to check if they play for huge amounts of money or increase their bets significantly. Because of the lack of information provided by the player, their account will be restricted/suspended in the event that their survey indicates that they are a problem gambler.
- Making it more difficult for criminals to launder money and commit other offenses. In the past, casinos and online gambling establishments were popular places to launder money. To stake big sums of money, the casino requires verification of income through bank statements, which thwarts people who are trying to launder money.
How Do You Know If You’ve Completed KYC?
ID verification is the initial step in the process to pass KYC at the online casino. This will include at least one form of photographic identification, such as a passport, driver’s license, or identification card. If you do not have a valid government-issued ID, some casinos will take other kinds of identification, too, so keep an eye out for the list.
A utility bill, bank statement, or another official document with your name and address on it will be required to verify your identity as a final step.
Are My Personal Details Safe to Send?
If you are transferring personal information over the internet, you may be concerned about its security. Your personal information is protected at all times when you play at an online casino, thanks to strict privacy rules. All your personal information is handled and stored in a safe and secure manner by casinos.
You can also take steps to protect your personal information, such as the following:
- You should only play at casinos that have a license from a regulated jurisdiction like the United Kingdom, Malta, Gibraltar, or other verified regulating authorities. As a result, these establishments are subject to stringent rules and regulations. An extensive background check on the casino operator is required before a license is
- A casino website that lets you upload documents together with their program right from your own account page is preferable. This software is equipped with a security feature that ensures that your personal information is protected during the transfer.
- Do not, by any means, transmit a picture of the back of your credit or debit card. It contains your security number that authorizes transactions.
- When you upload an image, be sure to hide the last four digits of your credit card.
There are very few instances of data leaks or fraud in online casino submissions. The information is stored and processed in accordance with EU Data Protection Directives in a password-protected environment.