“It is estimated that over 16 million people living in the United States live with smoking-related diseases.” So says the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention.
Smoking in simple words, is defined as an act of inhaling and exhaling fumes of burnt plant materials. In other words, it is the inhalation of the smoke of burning tobacco that may become a habit and lead to tobacco addiction. Everyone knows that smoking is injurious to health and can lead to life-threatening consequences like stroke or lung cancer. 34.1 million adults living in the United States currently smoke cigarettes.
No matter how you smoke, all tobacco products are hazardous to your health. Popular alternatives of cigarettes like Cigars, hookah, pipe, or even electronic cigarettes increase the risk of adverse health complications. Though smoking is not an easy habit to break, one should still take all the possible measures to fight this addiction. The presence of a highly addictive chemical called nicotine in tobacco products makes smoking hard to quit. Exposure to nicotine leads to thickening and hardening of the arterial walls, due to which a man might find it hard to get an erection. Taking in ED pills (Fildena) can prove to be highly effective in treating erectile difficulty in men. Such tablets should be taken only after consulting a medical professional.
What Are the Signs of Smoking-Related Diseases?
Smoking cigarettes and other tobacco products can harm an individual’s health and lead to smoking-related health complications like lung cancer, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Some of the significant signs of smoking-related illnesses are as follows.
- Inflamed blood pressure
- Cold feet and hands
- Shortness of breath
- Lack of oxygen
- Premature aging and wrinkling of the skin
- Frequent or recurrent lung infection
- Consistent coughing
- Low tolerance for exercise and fatigue
- Bad breath and yellowing of teeth
- Unexplained weight loss
Experiencing such symptoms can hint at the presence of an underlying health complication. It is vital to get a proper diagnosis before such symptoms worsen further. Smoking is regarded as one of the leading causes of preventable deaths worldwide; around 7 million deaths occur due to smoking alone in a given year. Men who smoke a lot can face problems maintaining a healthy physical relationship with a spouse.
ED pills(Fildena) can prove highly useful if any difficulty in getting an erection arises. Such pills contain an active ingredient called sildenafil citrate, which helps in increasing the blood flow in the penis to get an erection.
What Happens to Your Body When You Smoke?
Smoking is an unhealthy lifestyle habit that nearly affects every part of the body. There is no such thing as safe smoking because smoking even one cigarette every day regularly can lead to adverse health complications. People who are exposed to secondhand smoke are also at high risk of developing chronic diseases; it is estimated that approximately 41,000 deaths among nonsmoking adults and 400 deaths in infants occur each year in the United States due to secondhand smoke.
Some of the major health complications that can arise from smoking are as follows.
- Lung cancer: Smoking is one of the leading causes of lung cancer. Exposure to harmful chemicals by cigarette smoking damages the cells that line the lungs. When one starts inhaling smoke full of cancer-causing substances (carcinogens), sudden changes in the lung tissue start occurring almost immediately.
- Heart diseases: People who smoke excessively are at an increased risk of heart diseases like stroke, coronary artery disease, or COPD. Chemical in cigarette smoke makes the blood vessels thick and narrow, due to which the chances of plaque formation in the arteries increases. Narrow arteries restrict blood flow to the heart, making one more likely to get heart disease. The impaired blood flow in the pelvic region can make it hard for a man to get an erection. Medications for ED like Fildena can be taken to experience some ease in getting an erection. However, a heart patient should always consult a doctor before taking any ED pill including Fildena.
- Diabetes: Smoking can make a person (30-40)% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than someone who doesn’t smoke. The presence of nicotine in cigarettes can make the body produce more triglycerides, a type of fat linked to insulin resistance. Exposure to harmful chemicals(nicotine) prolonged periods of time can make it hard to regulate insulin levels in the body, causing type 2 diabetes.
Men diagnosed with type 2 diabetes can face erectile difficulties if the blood vessels and nerves get damaged due to high glucose levels in the body. One can rely on pills like Viagra and Fildena, which can help get an erection by increasing the blood flow in the pelvic region.
- Weakened immune system: Smoking cigarettes and other tobacco products over some time can hamper the immune system and make one more susceptible to get infections and diseases. The body’s ability to fight against viruses or other harmful pathogens certainly gets affected if one develops a chronic habit of smoking.
- Fertility problems: Smoking can also result in certain infertility complications due to exposure to dangerous chemicals. Smoking lowers the sperm count and may also make it hard for a man to get an erection if the penile arteries become thick or narrow. Though medication such as Fildena is quite helpful in treating erectile difficulty, one should not make it a habit of relying on them excessively.
CONCLUSION: Quitting smoking can help in averting the risk of premature death. Though there are many effective ways in which the habit of smoking can be dealt with. Taking medication, going to support groups, or checking in rehabilitation centers are some of how one can tackle smoking addiction. Men who take tablets like Fildena should be cautious about the possible side effects of such medication before taking them.
NOTE: Pills like Fildena should be taken only through a valid prescription.